This is a full-time, internal corporate position working on the Digital Agency side of Horizontal Integration located in our Pune office.
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy. So, what does this mean? We help organizations not only meet ever-increasing customer expectations but set the bar higher in the process. And we deliver on this promise by putting customers at the absolute center of everything we do, helping them build stronger possibilities with our clients in the process.
Our solutions are driven by strategy, creativity and execution — and powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Get a deeper look at our expertise with some sample case studies.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
Do you love building high performance team, nurture relationships with clients, learning about technology, having fun while you work, and delivering exceptional client outcomes? If so, this might be the role for you!
What you’ll do:
Client and Technical Delivery (50%)
- Become a trusted advisor to our clients and facilitate ongoing communications and guiding efforts to manage and exceed client expectations.
- Develop, grow, and sustain strategic client relationships. Facilitate programs that draw out and answer clients’ needs.
- Anticipate the needs, concerns, and input from clients. Analyze and lead the strategic initiatives client’s perspective which can achieve transformational outcomes and advocate for high-ROI solutions that may challenge perspectives on process, systems, and customers.
- Understand client business, internal dynamics, industry, and competition to help bring clients the right solutions at the right time.
- Support and drive progress toward the vision for each account in partnership with the broader agency team.
- Engage and partner with a multi-disciplinary team of project managers, designers, developers, and business experts in a way that leads to bold ideas and mission effectiveness as well as operational efficiency.
- Contribute digital marketing strategy expertise to contribute to deliverables such as digital roadmaps, MVP definition, feature set prioritization, requirements documentation, strategic perspectives, user experience recommendations, and Agile technical delivery work reviews.
- Proactively run the account, recognizing opportunities, foreseeing risks, and always staying out in front of it.
- Drive project and program scope definition (including contract negotiation, renewals, proposals, and SOWs) with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (sales/pre-sales, engineering, other solution teams, etc.) to help customers maximize the value of their Salesforce Industry products and services.
- Responsible for ensuring that the system accurately meets the defined expectations of the business, ensuring that proper testing is implemented, and performance requirements are closely monitored by working with the development teams
- Manage Middle East and India Salesforce delivery portfolio and provide project governance
- Manage team utilization, forecasting and bench
- Manage projects staffing and staff right to ensure project success (right team for the right job)
- Manage Middle East and India delivery escalations
- Help adopt and improve the project delivery methodology to deliver projects in most efficient and effective way.
- Establish, refine, and maintain processes and procedures for working collaboratively with Horizontal team members in the US, UAE and other India offices
- Help the Middle East and India Salesforce practice achieve their operating profit margins from project delivery perspective (As sold vs as delivered margins)
- Help with new pursuits, pre-sales and solutioning proposals
- Help build and manage relationship with Salesforce in India and Middle East
- Contribute to defining and achieving yearly India Salesforce practice growth plans
- Work closely with leaders of other Horizontal service lines to develop and deliver integrated programs across the full range of Horizontal services.
Building Delivery Team (40%)
- Plan and build new capabilities, skills, and capacity in the team in alignment with business direction and pipeline.
- Provide leadership oversight and delivery governance to team member’s projects & programs.
- Advocate and implement best practice development methodology to drive quality delivery of enterprise solutions.
- Manage projects staffing and staff right to ensure project success (right team for the right job). Recruit the right technical talent to support business growth
- Manage team utilization, forecasting and bench
- Direct and manage technical delivery teams in India
- Mentor associated delivery team members in related activities
- Drive learning & development initiatives and certifications
- Maintain industry and ecosystem knowledge and certifications (self)
- Maintain industry and ecosystem knowledge and certifications (team)
Practice Development (10%)
- Lead the expansion of existing practice capabilities into emerging technologies within our core competencies.
- Articulate Horizontal Digital Salesforce practice capabilities, offerings, and value propositions
- Drive practice thought leadership, offerings, and innovative approach to solutions
- Identify and co-lead internal initiatives to grow the consulting practice; contribute to the overall knowledge base and expertise of the team
- Enable the business development teams for new opportunities
What you bring:
- Passion for and experience in building high performing delivery teams
- Demonstrated success building and working in a collaborative environment to deliver solutions to meet client business needs
- Experience leading teams in analyzing complex problems, design, and implementation of best fit solutions
- 10+ years of experience in delivering technology solutions with at least 5+ years of experience in implementing end-to-end Salesforce Cross Cloud solutions
- Solid stakeholder management and communication skills, and the ability to articulate transformation journeys and outcomes
- Specializes in gathering and analyzing information and proposing comprehensive solutions that meet best practice standards and the client’s needs
- In depth knowledge and experience with end-to-end digital experience design and development and the ability to translate that experience effectively to future projects.
- Experience working with Salesforce clouds preferably sales, service, marketing, experience, Pardot, B2B commerce
- Demonstrated ability to proactively develop core skills, demonstrate confident executive presence, and collaborate closely with your teams in a professional environment.
- Ability to define the system landscape, identify gaps between current and desired end-states and deliver a cross-cloud solutions
- Detail-oriented with the ability to learn quickly to leverage new concepts, technologies, and solutions.
- Ability to work independently when required and be a self-starter
- Salesforce certifications are great to have
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Who you are:
- You are a digital experience enthusiast who can understand and support a program with complex business, user experience and technical challenges, and have a proven track record supporting client and internal teams in implementing digital solutions.
- You are flexible with the ability to handle multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. You exude confidence, persistence, and the ability to stay calm despite multiple projects and goals.
- You see ambiguity through the lens of opportunity, rather than of concern.
- You are recognized as trusted, empathetic, and accountable in relationships with clients, colleagues, partners, and other industry professionals.
- You are optimistic and demonstrate a positive mental attitude and are hungry for opportunities to learn, grow and evolve personally and professionally.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordination across projects and teams. This includes the ability to captain and steer in-person and digital strategic meetings and presentations.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and the drive to develop and shape Horizontal Digital’s future growth with a continuous passion for influencing and scaling business processes.
Horizontal Digital Delivery Manager Expectations:
- We work with our consultants to equip them with skills and experience to deliver the below expectation to clients.
- We set our clients up for success (proactive best practice leadership, clear expectations, assumptions validated).
- We know the business problem we are solving (validated before we build).
- We have agreement between client and team about what good looks like (written down).
- We build elegant, efficient solutions (find the right line between code and config, minimal technical debt).
- We test our work before deploying (always).
- We treat our client's environment with care and respect (measure twice / cut once).
- We ask for help when we need it (we are aware of our blind spots).
- We are transparent (we communicate risk, issues, bad news in a timely and clear way).
- We help our clients become competent and confident owners of their solution (clean documentation, clear training)