PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing global IS & IT operations including human resources, processes and equipment required to design, plan, and support all information systems, technology, products and services.
- Functions as a servant leader to the business, the goal being optimized user experience and delight while ensuring a secure, reliable, and cost efficient IS / IT infrastructure and support approach.
- Effectively partners with cross-functional business leaders, allowing them to own and manage systems / software for which they are primarily responsible; recognition that IS/IT doesn’t own all systems as a gatekeeper, but partners with them as a support structure to assure optimized business performance.
- Recommends, manages, and optimizes contract relationships for management of IS & IT systems and support; justifies and monitors 3rd party performance seeking continuous improvement while assuring a secure and efficient employee experience.
- Creates, justifies, and recommends an IS / IT roadmap including budget and timeline and manages ongoing expenditures.
- Manages Information Systems and connectivity required to optimize business efficiency and reduce redundancies in data entry.
- Consults with executive management to recommend and develop system solutions consistent with organizational objectives.
- Directs the development and maintenance of timeliness and quality standards for all aspects of the data processing operation.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies, tools and functionality improvements aligned with short and long term business strategic objectives. Is able to make recommendations to business partners on applicable new or emerging technologies and systems.
- Oversees resources / systems to maintain user accounts, access and security.
- Develops and communicates simple standards for operations and security of enterprise manufacturing software and data.
- Maintains and/or delegates and manages control over changes to enterprise business applications while exhibiting highly effective change management and communication to realize a positive user experience.
- Plans and coordinates the evaluation and effectiveness of existing data processing applications and the feasibility and potential value of new applications.
- Negotiates and contracts with consultants, technical personnel and vendors for services and products.
- Provides support to users in the selections, procurement, usage, maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of software.
- Oversee the training of users on software and system usage as applicable. Installs and tests software, server, network and other IT infrastructure upgrades.
- Ensures all requirements of Export Control Policies and Procedures are implemented and maintained within their areas of responsibility.
• Degree in Technology from a college or university, 4 – year degree preferred, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of ten (10) years of IS/IT experience, preferably in a regulated industry
• Demonstrated expertise as a leader of leaders with proven interpersonal and change management skills
• Demonstrated success as a servant leader, realizing a very positive user experience while assuring a simple, efficient, secure, and reliable IS/IT infrastructure
• ERP System implementation and management experience (required)
• Demonstrated expertise in managing 3rd party providers, recommending creative solutions, and justifying/monitoring these relationships over time
• Demonstrated ability to use creative solutions to solve complex problems.
• Good communication and people skills
• Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this Job, employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. Employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home