Our client is hiring for an Epic Analyst & Developer to work as an Epic Client Systems Administrator (ECSA) within the Epic Core Team. The ECSA is responsible for installation, configuration, upgrades, support, monitoring, and maintenance for Epic Client Systems infrastructure. This is a full-time position with an option of working remote or on site.
The Epic Core Team is responsible for managing Epic environments, Epic Client System Administration, Epic print set up, Epic Data Courier Admin, etc. The Epic Core Team works closely with our Cache DBA's, Virtual Hardware System team, Application Deployment team as well as Desktop, End User Computing, and a Support Center.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience/training
- 3+ years IT analysis and technical design experience
- 1+ year experience coding, testing, and implementing program changes
- Proficient verbal and oral communication skills.
- Solid desktop tool usage including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio.
- Experienced in Server troubleshooting (windows).
- Knowledge in web server technology and IIS.
- Participate in and support development of technical solutions.
- Epic Client Systems Administrator/Epic Client Systems Manager Certification.
- Epic Chronicles Certification
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Familiarity with Epic MasterFiles
- Understanding of dependencies of other ancillary applications and interfaces to the Epic systems.
- Knowledge in scripting language such as: Batch script, java script, Visual Basic or PowerShell.
- Knowledge in web development and design - HTML, CSS, and XML.
- Project management experience.
- M-F: Days
- Position may work remote but will prefer local/regional candidates for onsite needs.
- Position will be assigned a rotating on-call schedule (nights and weekends). On-call schedule will average 6-8 weeks annually.
- Knowledge of Hyperspace Web, Interconnect, System Pulse, Kuiper, Hyperdrive, BCA, BCA Web, Care Everywhere, Haiku and Canto, MyChart, and MyChart Mobile.
- Provides analysis and input regarding hardware (e.g., Workstation requirements), analyzing current capacity and anticipated needs. Works with Server Group to monitor utilization and provides analysis on potential capacity issues.
- Analyzes and researches system, process, and data problems.
- Performs system testing, verifying that system changes do not affect interfaces with other systems, affect data storage and processing. If possible, performs unit testing, sending data through system code to verify the correct output.
- Coordinates testing needs, such as servers, capacity, and database support with staff.
- Assists application analysts with the creation of test plans, gathering test data, and creation of any hard output.
- Participates in monthly Epic downtimes as coordinator, testing, validating, and communicating.
- Responds to critical situations as defined within our Service Level Agreements.
- Participate in on-call rotation with the team (night call approx. every 6-8 weeks)
- Maintains current knowledge, trends, technology of Epic application software, O/S, data bases interfaces, and maintains a strong working knowledge of security and confidentiality requirements for patient data.
- Performs any needed Masterfile maintenance, reconfiguring Epic set up, printer/output setup, and menu creation for user access, documenting any changes and maintaining historical records for auditing or governance purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.