- Our location in Lake County, Illinois, currently has an opportunity for Procurement Specialist, Associate, Regional Operations.
- The Associate Specialist applies experience and procurement knowledge to execute procurement best practices and execute strategies across Global Procurement Services.
- Work with internal and external customers to solve issues and drive high levels of customer service.
- The position will be responsible for evaluating and processing purchasing requests, contract review and assist with Supplier set-ups.
- Proactively seek innovative ways to improve the procurement processes and procedures, cycle times, and customer service levels
- Ensure full understanding of the "One Procurement" strategies. Strong knowledge and project work across multiple categories that impact the team positively.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- First line responder; pivots between strategy, operations, and transactional procurement
- Adhere to and support defined Source to Pay process flow globally.
- Execute against category strategies and work in the guidance of strategic category leaders.
- Support and drive contract processes within SAP /Ariba Platform
- Manage and execute purchasing requests including but not limited to SOW, RFx, PO, PR and ad-hoc / one off buys RFxs
- Supporting stakeholder education on existing purchasing solutions and options
- Contribute to continuous improvement of global procurement processes and tools.
- Be a change champion within the Regional Procurement Operations
- Lead resolution on issues within Source to Pay technology improvements.
- Capture savings outcomes and opportunities
- Collaboration within One Procurement organization
- Directly contribute to meeting Regional Procurement Operations’ Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Value Metrics
- Perform routine procurement activities, contribute to, and manage projects.
- Communicate with appropriate departments to clarify, requests and obtain approvals.
- Implement agreed purchasing strategies for category globally.
- Support company Supplier diversity strategy
- Meet regularly with divisional customers and support functions to ensure good customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
- Exhibit cultural awareness.
- Seek, develop, and maintain effective business relationships with suppliers, support functions and divisional customers.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures
- Executes against the goals set by the Regional Procurement Operations team.
- Seek innovative ways to maintain and improve procurement processes, cycle times, total acquisition costs, and customer service levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of Procurement experience
- Functional experience
- Strong people skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Project management skills
- Skilled in spreadsheet programs
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good interdisciplinary, intercultural, influence, and networking skills
- Source to Pay Experience example (SAP/Ariba, JDE, Oracle or Coupa,)
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home