The Scrum Master will act as a servant leader as part of an Agile team to deliver high value software solutions that contribute to the success of our technology initiatives in an agile environment. Working independently and also collaboratively, a Scrum Master will keep teams focused and coach other professionals. Partnering with key technical, business, and support stakeholders, this role acts as a team facilitator, constantly challenging old norms while keeping the team focused on the goals of iteration and speed to market. This role will facilitate and coordinate all of the agile ceremonies and oversee the building of the Agile team’s backlog to ensure the team moves forward.
• Provides overall guidance for team to adhere to Agile principles and practices.
• Facilitate and schedule meetings, demos and decision-making processes to ensure that the proper collaborative process is in use. This includes sprint team backlog grooming, estimating and sizing efforts, release planning, sprint planning daily standups, and retrospectives.
• Works with stakeholders and team members to continuously improve. Drive quicker delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics to identify areas of opportunity. Facilitates the sprint review, demo, and retrospective. Captures, distributes, and monitors retrospective feedback. Teaches problem solving and helps the team become better problem solvers for themselves.
• Facilitates team transparency by escalating impediments and shares progress by the team to the appropriate channels. Provides regular and open communication across the program to all stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and impediments. Eliminates impediments by actively addressing issues so the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the sprint. Actively engaged in defining and managing action items, identifying issues and risks, adjusting scope, and identifying tasks necessary to complete planned work.
• Plans and coordinates testing environment deployments and application / system integration testing. Ensures the proper documentation is complete in readiness for production releases. Assists as needed in testing, training, and implementation of the supported application
• Guides team in self-organization; encourages and motivates team to focus on iteration goals. Helps the team improve on their journey towards continuous delivery, which includes technical practices including continuous integration, continuous deployment and designing the solution for release.
• Establish and maintain close, collaborative working relationships with and between Agile team members and stakeholders to provide transparency and create accountability. Provides relevant and needed updates to stakeholders and management as needed.
• Experience and use of Agile tools.
• Experience in business analysis, product/project management, or product development.
• Demonstrated coaching experience (effective at getting the best out of people, drive people to their best performance, empowerment, and motivation).
• Excellent communication, collaboration, leadership and conflict resolution skills.
• Experience using tools that measure and report on team performance, backlog health and continuous improvement.
• CSM (Certified Scrum Master)
• SA (SAFe Agilist) or SSM (SAFe Scrum Master)
• Strong attention to detail
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home