Senior Windows Systems Engineer,
3 month contract to hire
- Oversee and perform advanced system administration functions for over 2000+ Windows server systems, ensuring their optimal performance and security.
- Develop, debug, and test scripts using Microsoft technologies like PowerShell, C#, .NET for automation of tasks.
- Troubleshoot and effectively resolve issues with DISH systems/services such as DHCP, DNS, Print, etc. Perform root cause analysis, approve, and implement automation steps to prevent future occurrences.
- Regularly analyze system functionality, identifying opportunities for automation and improvement, and take appropriate actions to implement in line with business goals and technological advancements.
- Draft, review, and approve system policies, department standards, system build documents, knowledge base entries, and other mass communication to promote consistency of support across IT operations teams.
- Stay updated on current trends and emerging technology. Actively advocate for and facilitate the evaluation of new products or compelling technical advancements that align with our business needs.
- Design, document, approve, and execute system audits to ensure compliance with documented standards. Proactively identify risks and develop remediation plans, escalating them to senior staff or management as needed.
- Guide the technical integration of new products into the existing infrastructure. Work closely with other team members to ensure successful integration and minimal disruption to ongoing operations.
- Monitor systems' performance and capacity. Anticipate and plan for increased capacity and system requirements.
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience with Windows system administration.
- Advanced enterprise-level knowledge of Microsoft Servers (Azure, Active Directory, Network Services, MS IIS, DFS, Group Policies, and Trust Relationships) systems from a hardware, software, networking, and security perspective in an enterprise setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft technologies like PowerShell, C#, .NET, and experience using these for automation.
- Advanced experience supporting Microsoft/Windows systems in a large enterprise multi-forest environment.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic work environment that challenges the status quo and demands results.
- Demonstrated ability to create highly technical documentation, reports, presentations, and system policies that are easy to understand and maintain.
- Ability to correlate diverse sources of information to make sound technical judgments and recommendations.
- Leadership skills to lead technical teams and build cross-functional relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with server virtualization within the VMware ecosystem.
- Proficiency in supporting hybrid on-prem/cloud Windows environments.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) principles and practices.
- Experience with architecting enterprise DNS, PKI, and Email systems.
- Product knowledge in Chef, BeyondTrust, Zabbix, and Ivanti is a plus.
- AWS and/or Microsoft Azure certifications
Work attire: Business casual.
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. The pay range for this role is $41 - $52 per hour. This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home