Senior Systems Administrator - Windows Clients,
3 month contract to hire
Our Client is looking for a Windows Systems Administrator responsible for managing and administrating all Windows devices, testing new hardware, software and OS patching, operating system upgrades, software distribution, group policy objects, and PowerShell scripting.
- Provides leadership, training, and mentoring to all support departments throughout the enterprise on Windows systems best practices and functionality.
- Responsible for testing and execution of monthly Microsoft operating system patching to ensure enterprise systems aren’t vulnerable to security vulnerabilities and can take advantage of new features.
- Provides top-tier troubleshooting for Windows Desktop Operating System issues beyond the front-line support team’s capabilities and creates and maintains documentation on how to resolve those issues in the future.
- Builds and maintains relationships with every IT Department to resolve multi-departmental issues quickly.
- Defines problem areas on various teams, departments, and enterprise levels and recommends changes needed to increase productivity and efficiency through hardware and software assessments.
- Pro-actively monitor, maintain, and tune systems (through automation where possible) to provide maximum uptime.
- Manages hardware quality and implements appropriate corrective/preventive actions required to achieve product readiness and improve product capabilities.
- Develops reporting as needed for Key Initiative projects dealing with Windows devices.
- Coordinates system changes with other IT Ops groups, and the business via CAB meetings as needed.
- Works with vendors for service delivery and support issues.
- Continues the drive for automation throughout the organization via scripting.
- Communicates complex terminology in simple understandable ways to other IT management, employees, and non-technical business people.
Education: BS/BA Degree – or equivalent experience but must be relevant to the position.
Experience: 4+ years of experience as a system administrator in a fast-paced environment.
Skills and qualifications:
- High levels of knowledge of SCCM/MECM at an enterprise level.
- Enthusiastic and dynamic presentation skills for training at all levels of the enterprise.
- Expert-level knowledge of scripting in Powershell, Bash, Python, etc.
- A high-energy team player that can follow directions and effectively collaborate with others to define the best approach to work tasks depending on the situation.
- Willingness to learn from others and freely share relevant technical knowledge, and contribute to a positive working environment.
- Flexibility and focus to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Work experience that demonstrates the ability to think critically, deduce the most efficient troubleshooting methods and tactics and solve complex problems.
- Enterprise-level experience supporting Windows operating systems for desktops (required) and servers (preferred).
- Ability to professionally interact with technology vendors.
- Ability to defend technical decisions.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively.
- Curiosity to learn and apply new technical knowledge and skills/ demonstrates the ability to learn quickly.
- Scripting abilities using PowerShell in conjunction with Microsoft Endpoint Management Configuration Manager (MEMCM).
- Possess a strong customer service-focused personality to ensure a positive end-user experience.
- Preferred skills: PowerShell, AWS Workspaces, and MECM with Intune Co-management.
Work attire: Business casual.
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. The pay range for this role is $41 - $52 per hour. This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home