Software Engineer II 77664,
3 month contract to hire
Our Client is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve, to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story. Opportunity is here.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Software Engineer II will be working on our Customer Application development teams. They will be working in an extremely collaborative and fast-paced environment helping to develop applications for our call centers and installation and wireless technicians out in the field. Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Work in a fast-paced agile driven programming environment
- Provide technical/architectural solutions to the team for solving complex business problems.
- Translate documented requirements/stories from Rally into UI code or backend services.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Collaborates with, and helps teammates research development blockers, and answer questions they may have to complete work.
- Attends agile ceremonies to advise solutions, and collaborate with other teams on solutioning work for the team.
- Integrates existing systems with a broad range of vendor systems (Service Now, Apigee, ASAPP, etc.) when provided with adequate documentation.
- Maintain and support existing systems and services.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor of Science preferred with 3+ years of professional development experience. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Full stack engineer with strong front end development skills, a passion for innovation and solving complex technical problems.
- Experience in unit testing java and React applications.
- Familiarity with object oriented design methodologies.
- Experience in designing and developing REST services using java.
- Experience with delivering projects in an agile environment using SCRUM/XP methodologies.
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. The pay range for this role is $30 - $41 per hour. This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home