- This resource will be responsible for monitoring environments and service availability, minimizing service impacts by addressing any issues in timely manner, following ITIL standards for incident, problem and change management, working closely with business, development and other IT teams.
- 1 Manager, 5 Engineers
- Team consists of employees and contractors supporting FOX application. These are java applications running on VMs and some services running in Kubernetes as well. These apps use oracle as backend database.
- Monitor the environment health of application, infrastructure and jobs, help drive improvements to enhance platform availability and performance
- Respond and restore service in an expedited manner, fulfill service requests through ServiceNow ticketing system
- Assist in technical problem solving
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of issues, including in-depth technical analysis, troubleshooting, analyzing, root cause and engaging appropriate SMEs as needed to drive incident and problem management
- Ensure overall organizational support goals are met (i.e., SLA, incident / problem reduction, application availability)
- Identify opportunities for automation and operational efficiencies
- Assist in support readiness prior to the deployment of any change to the production environment
- Assist with Batch process and write scripts to assist in data cleanup per business requirements
- Customer service orientation is a key to success - you will collaborate daily with internal business partners, engineering teams and other technology professionals
- Contribute and share technical knowledge documentation
- Provide release support for code deployments, perform installations and upgrades as required for PLM supportability
- Successfully target both written and oral communications to a variety of different audiences
- Work independently and/or part of a team to complete assigned tasks
- Mentor other team members - providing training and technical direction as needed
- On-Call Support (24/7 weekly rotation)
- 2+ years of technical applications support preferably with docker and container management systems such as Kubernetes Open Shift
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle Database
- Strong troubleshooting and analysis skills
- ITIL experience including incident, change and problem management
- Possess strong technical aptitude, and ability to quickly learn/adopt new processes and technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Kubernetes experience
- Monitoring and alerting experience with products such as Splunk, Dynatrace, Grafana and Zabbix.
- Oracle and SQL server PL/SQL scripting skills.
- EDI X12 files system knowledge.
- Experience with Kubernetes, kubectl and Azure.
- Infrastructure experience
- Experience with automation tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of GitHub or any other source code control systems
- Knowledge of ServiceNow, or similar tool
- Experience with Jenkins
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home