- Point of contact between vendors and Client
- Act as subject matter expert to internal and external requests in response to vendor audits,
- Consults on review of licensing agreements as appropriate with vendor management and Client sourcing, to ensure compliance with Client software purchasing and sharing standards and policies.
- Review and advise software management, ownership, and purchasing processes within Client.
- Facilitate internal software audits as appropriate, to create tracking of licensing across Client Global entities.
- Provide data mining and analysis to maintain metrics and dashboard that drive visibility of software usage, expirations, number of licenses held, and other statistics as required.
- Collaborate with Information Security on how to removal of known problem software Client sourcing and contract partners ensuring compliance with Client polices, code of conduct, and local laws.
- Identify license cost savings opportunities when possible during normal course of business
- Provides information technology advice and consults with Software Asset Management team to provide input to short-term strategic direction and operating plans.
- Consults with leadership team to set short-term strategic direction and operating plans for assigned area of responsibility and defines guidelines/methods.
- Initiates and approves projects to continuously improve efficiency and competitiveness.
- Problem solving requires hypothetical thinking to determine best solutions for complex problems.
- Utilizes resources across work areas and departments to create solutions. Most complex problem solving may require in-depth interpretation and analysis for significantly different situations.
- Snow License Manager
- IBM License Metric Tool (ILMT)/BigFix
- Has a moderate impact on established IT business processes relating to Software Asset Management
- Decisions could impact areas across Client I.T. organizational landscape.
- Review and monitor repository for software license agreements
- Facilitate continuous process improvement and root cause review to diminish issues and gaps in Client Software, purchasing, licensing and audit process.
- Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards, comp lies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with Client values and ethical standards.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in process improvement and/or project management in a private, public, government or military environment
- Minimum of three (3) years of supplier management experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- (3) years of experience working in a large enterprise environment
- (5) years of experience with software asset management system preferred.
- Familiarity with software license support and maintenance principles.
- Experience working with IT contracts in the areas of software license agreements, end user license agreements, professional services agreements, and Software as a Service (SaaS) agreements.
- Experience coordinating data collection and communications with third-party vendors as part of software audits.
- Strong communicate skills in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of computer programs and corporate systems relevant to the assigned area of responsibility is normally required.
- Possess working knowledge of the constructs of the various license agreements to ensure Client compliance with terms and conditions.
- Requires proficiency in using corporate/local systems, HR systems, sourcing payment systems, etc.
- Experience with PC Audit Tool(s) or similar applications.
- Good knowledge and experience with the most current theories and practices of software license types including named user, concurrent, site, enterprise, SaaS (Software as a Service) and a working knowledge of more than one related discipline, such as network, server architecture, applications, data warehousing, technical service, etc.
- Knowledge of Client business areas, structure, and organization, as well as of the external market (competitors, trends, etc.).
- Project Management experience and certification
- Minimal work direction needed, highly skilled and knowledgeable to the position and provides best practicing sharing within work group.
- Works with client to analyze and define the business process that needs an IT solution.
- Identifies and documents high-level requirements, maps future state of the solution, and ensures the system/solution meets business and user requirements.
- Document and map business process and requirements for the future state of the IT solution
- Identify and understand the end user's need
- Facilitate the business process redesign and documentation as needed.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home