- Experience as NOC Tech providing Tier 1/2 support
- Understanding of OSI layers.
- Experience with Ethernet and Transport router/switch topology
- Experience w/ Cisco/Juniper network equipment
- Ability to work flexible shifts as needed.
- Actively troubleshoot several service types such as T1, DS3, and ethernet solutions
- Escalate and hold LEC Partners accountable for offnet repairs.
- Provides accurate and consistent customer communication during established intervals using phone, email, and ticketing notes.
- Efficiently and accurately manages customer-initiated trouble tickets to resolution.
- Maintains customer relationships, both internal and external
- Monitors the performance of the telecommunications networks, including usage, load patterns and system response.
- Basic understanding of the OSI networking model physical, data link, and network layers
- A proven track record troubleshooting technical issues
- Ability to manage and correlate multiple trouble reports.
- Communicate with customers and others in a repair situation.
- Practicing excellent customer service
- Demonstrating proficiency with trouble ticketing application and other internal tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced operational environment.
- Ability to answer customer calls and work issues via trouble ticket proficiently and independently.
- Ability to work in a 24 x 7 fast paced environment.
- Ability to interface in a professional manner with management and customers.
- Aptitude for on-the-job training
- Comfortable asking questions.
- Eager to learn and build skills.
- Able to effectively manage multiple issues simultaneously thorough effective work prioritization.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and logical thinking when under pressure.
- Demonstrated leadership profile to proactively track and escalate issues, engage resources to expedite service/network outages, professional interaction skills with customers and management.
- Ability to relate technical issues to management and lead personnel.
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent, Customer service/Call center experience a plus, Strong organizational skills.
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. The pay range for this role is $17 per hour. This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home