- We need an experienced BI Data Engineer to work on Snowflake and SQL server platforms.
- The resource should have experience primarily in data warehousing and ELT development on Snowflake platform using Snowflake capabilities like Snow SQL, Tasks, and Streams, Time travel, Security setup, Data sharing and stored procedures.
- The resource should also have experience in performance optimization and tuning. Strong SQL development skills are a requirement of this position.
- The engineer will be part of a development team using an agile methodology to continuously deliver business value.
- Possess ability to analyze business requirements and ask clarifying questions.
- Should be able to work independently with minimum supervision and provide a structured development effort to ongoing/new projects.
- Design and develop data movements using Snowflake capabilities like Snow SQL, Tasks, Streams, Time travel, Data sharing and stored procedures.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable and efficient data pipelines and data warehousing solutions using Snowflake.
- Collaborate with data architects, data scientists, and analysts to design data models and architecture that align with the company's business objectives.
- Performance optimization in Snowflake for ETL pipelines and data models
- Deliver ETL, BI Data models and Analytic solutions using Snowflake data platform and Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence tools.
- Design and build data models to conform with our existing EDW architecture
- Work with teams to deliver effective, high-value reporting solutions by leveraging an established delivery methodology.
- Perform data mining and analysis to uncover trends and correlations to develop insights that can materially improve our decisions.
- Writing analytics programs (transformations/calculations) using T-SQL and Python or comparable
- Experience with regulatory compliance and GxP validations is highly preferred
- 10+ years Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse development experience
- 3+ Years of experience in data warehousing and ELT development on Snowflake data platform
- 3+ Years of experience in data warehousing and ELT development (T-SQL, PLSQL, and/or SQL scripts)
- Experience in utilizing Python and R is a plus.
- Experience visualizing data in business intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Must be a self-motivated, energetic, detail oriented team player passionate about producing high quality BI & Analytics deliverables
- Strong sense of customer service for internal customers.
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. The pay range for this role is $77 - $88 per hour. This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home