- Implement and manage IT processes and procedures designed to prepare for and manage change, transitioning it from design/development into the Production environment.
- Ensure that IT change processes minimize potential risk to Production and are in compliance with IT Process and General Controls while optimizing delivery in an integrated, multi-platform system environment.
- This includes ensuring that changes are controlled through recording, evaluation, authorization, prioritization, planning, testing, implementation, documentation, and review.
- Delivers services according to established Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Engages with other IT departments to provide recommendations and solutions that improve the delivery of quality services and solutions.
- Additional responsibilities vary based on specific areas of expertise.
- Entry as an advanced, top technical level position and under minimal supervision, performs or provides support for one or more of the processes or functions listed below.
- This position will also be responsible for supporting the definition and management of each applicable process, including an ongoing service improvement program.
- Top level expert in one or more RM processes or functions.
- Provides oversight and strategic direction regarding one or more RM processes, measures and evaluates process performance, develops, and executes action plans to improve process performance and/or to expand service levels.
- Provides consulting on complex projects with high business impact.
- May have duties instructing, directing, and checking the work of others, may manage larger projects, may manage vendors.
- May advise Senior Management on improvements to RM strategies and techniques.
- Coaches’ others on prescribed methods and best practices.
- This position provides thought leadership and oversees/manages the deployment process from the test to the production environment.
- Responsible for coordinating release schedules, documenting and announcing releases and ensuring agreed upon activities and management standards have been followed prior to implementation.
- This position will also be responsible for supporting the definition and management of the RM process including an ongoing service improvement program.
- Responsible for ensuring that changes are recorded, evaluated, authorized, prioritized, planned, tested, implemented, documented, and reviewed in a controlled manner.
- Under minimal supervision, performs or provides oversight for the IT CM processes and functions.
- Measures and evaluates process performance and makes recommendations for process improvement and/or to expand service levels.
- Coordinates activity across multiple vendors and multiple organizations.
- The goals are: Respond to the customer’s changing business requirements while maximizing value and reducing incidents, disruption, and re-work. Respond to the business and IT requests for change that will align the services with the business needs.
- RM: Provides Leadership Support for Release Management team members in all phases of the release SDLC process and manages release issues across various teams including vendor teams. Provides Advisory Release Services and Pre-Release Support and Planning. Prepares changes for deployments, manages production deployments, post release validations, and provides Early Life support for releases. (20%)
- CM: Upon request, provides end user support around change process, tools and documentation, Provides Pre-Change Implementation Support, tracks deployments and Provides Post Change Implementation Support (20%)
- Assists in creating frameworks to all applicable processes and services; reviews best practice approaches, compliance and adherence; suggests, manages and coordinates process improvements as appropriate (10%)
- Designs, specifies, implements detailed service and process metrics, and creates/maintains applicable reports/dashboards. This information is provided at a variety of levels: operational details, operational dashboard, and governance dashboard. (10%)
- Works as a Project Team member for consulting services in relation to any applicable service as defined above, broker modifications of practices between divergent groups to assure quality service practices. (10%)
- Provides oversight of any strategic partner support; provides governance of the process and services delivered to end-users, act as a focal for the appropriate service or process. (10%)
- Monitors Group Email Mailboxes daily and executes day to day process support tasks as defined in each applicable process, manages service issues as appropriate, provides training and consulting services as requested. (10%)
- Other Duties as Assigned (10%)
- 6-7 years of experience required: Technical Competencies: Knowledge/experience of processes including: release, change configuration, build and environment management, knowledge of tools commonly utilized in there are of expertise (e.g., SVN, SVM Implementer, SQL Server, SharePoint, MS Project, etc.), Project/Program management Knowledge, ITIL Knowledge/Experience.
- 8-10 years of experience preferred: Job history diversity (various IT and/or Business area). Experience working for a Financial Service company. Experience in IT outsourcing management.
- Four-year degree required. Other – Software Development Lifecycle, ITIL/CMMI, has a very strong understanding if ITIL foundations, experience in software development methodology.
- Advanced degree preferred.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home