Staff Software Engineer, (77573)
3 month contract to hire
Are you a driven Platform / DevOps Engineer? Are you looking to work with a team of talented professionals who are keenly focused on automating complex business problems and supporting product innovation with technology? If so, you might be our next Platform/DevOps Engineer, where you will work with some of the best in the business using the latest and greatest technologies, to drive automation at all stages of software development, release, operations, and maintenance.
- Manage CI and CD tools and processes in various business unit.
- Drive automation at all stages of software development, release, operations, and maintenance.
- Participate in conversations with various teams to brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve
- Research open source technologies to help us solve automation problems.
- Provide technical guidance and educate Development teams on CI/CD, Automation toolsets and
- Support and Enhance existing tools, platform and processes. Ex. Kubernetes, Rancher, Docker, Bash
Scripting, Alfred (AngularJS/PHP)
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Highly motivated, driven & hard working.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Good software development skills, strong analytical abilities, effective problem-solving skills.
- Able to stay calm and focused under pressure.
- Experience with Containerization & Container Scheduling technologies
o Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes
- Working experience with CI / CD Tools & DevOps Culture.
o Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Helm
- Knowledge of software development frameworks/Languages
o Spring, Java, GOlang, PHP, Python.
- Experience with Linux Operating System and Bash scripting
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, software engineering, or related field.
- At least 6-8 years IT Experience
- Experience with public cloud service offering (IaaS, PaaS services as well as AWS, Google Cloud etc)
- Knowledge with Virtualization platforms (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.).
- Experience with infrastructure and configuration as code solutions, including Terraform, Ansible, or cloudinit
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. The pay range for this role is $36 - $47 per hour. This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home