- Industry-leading team of digital marketers is seeking an expert scrum master to lead Agile project management of our Next Best Action (NBA) program, which drives offer management in our mobile app, online banking portal, and other owned marketing channels.
- The NBA Scrum Master is responsible for enabling their teammates to maximize marketing campaign quality and velocity through consistently applied Agile practices and smart problem-solving.
- The ideal candidate has a track record of success leading high-performing, multi-disciplinary teams, understands data-driven marketing initiatives and software development processes, and has managed small and large Agile teams on fast-moving projects.
- Above all, this person is passionate about clearing roadblocks, resolving conflicts, exceeding performance targets, and helping teammates achieve their full potential.
- 5 or more years of Scrum Master experience (Certified Scrum Master status is a plus)
- 3 or more years of Business Analysis/Analyst experience including requirements gathering and documentation, process/workflow mapping, customer/user story creation, etc.
- 3 or more years of digital marketing experience (ideally with a large consumer brand, advertising agency, or marketing/media practice of a management consulting firm)
- Work with NBA Product Owner and team to set quarterly and sprint-specific goals, define and size stories, create and groom backlog, run sprint planning, stand-ups, reviews, and retrospectives, and maintain the team’s sprint board in Jira
- Identify opportunities to accelerate and improve NBA team’s marketing campaign development and digital solutioning through Agile thinking
- Anticipate threats to team progress and engage stakeholders and leadership to address issues
- Continually measure and report on team and campaign performance through the use of sprint metrics and other performance measures
- Communicate and collaborate with partner teams to plan, prioritize, and execute high-value projects through Quarterly Portfolio Planning ceremonies as well as disciplined intake, tracking, and execution of unplanned work
- Coach team to optimize individual and group contributions, learn from each other as well as from self-direction, and maximize marketing ROI
- Contribute to the ongoing growth of a culture of excellence within U.S. Bank’s Marketing organization
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Five or more years of Scrum Master experience
- Three or more years as part of a high-performance marketing organization, i.e., large consumer brand, cutting-edge advertising agency, or marketing/media practice of a top management consulting firm
- Expert at business analysis including business requirements-gathering, customer/user story creation, backlog building, resource and timeline estimation, burndown tracking, etc.
- Deep understanding of digital technologies and the software development lifecycle from discovery and ideation through development, testing, release, and measurement, with a passion for delivering superior user experiences
- Adept at stakeholder engagement, political consensus-building, and conflict resolution; tireless in placing these skills at the service of their teams
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven success leading high-performing, multi-disciplinary Agile teams
- Emotionally intelligent manager
- Strong analytic and creative thinker
- Proficiency in Jira, Confluence, Mural, and Office 365 solutions
- CSM certification
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home