- Provides ongoing support of the server environment.
- Deploys the release of new technologies as well as performing installations, upgrades, testing, and maintenance of environmental software and hardware in a multiple server and multiple network operating system environments.
- Develops detailed work plans for both installation and continuing maintenance.
- Oversees tests and monitors the performance of network resources.
- Provide on-going support of centralized local area networks.
- Support web access and electronic messaging services and maintains a secure systems environment.
- Works with automation and user staff to implement new client/server applications.
- Consults with end users on computing needs.
- Trains users on operations and procedures. Provides consultation to other department technical staff.
- Participates in departmental and projects, and acts a the lead on some projects.
- As the lead, assigns project tasks to staff, prepares project plans, and other documentation related to server management and network operating systems projects and operations.
- Also participates in System projects. Assists users in problem analysis and provides technical support.
- Investigates reported problems which affect server security, single or multiple end users, departments and central (client/server) applications.
- Either performs first stop problem resolution, or coordinates with internal support and operations group, and with vendors to resolve problems.
- Follows up with customers to ensure the problem has been resolved.
- Maintains current inventory of server hardware and software. Investigates and recommends software solutions.
- Works with vendors on procurement processes.
- Maintains contact with outside organization in the maintenance, service and/or purchase of related server and operating systems.
- Maintains system documentation, operations procedures, contingency plans, and system administration standards and guidelines.
- Assists in the development and implementation of contingency and disaster recovery plans. Performs scheduled contingency tests.
- Maintains current knowledge of operating systems, understanding of org's operational functions and industry trends and developments in automation technology and products.
- Attends vendor seminars and formal classes and reviews trade journals, periodicals and various education materials.
- Under limited supervision, provides ongoing support of the server environment.
- Troubleshoots, works with customers, and provides solutions to system problems.
- Participates in and leads departmental and projects.
- Investigates and recommends software solutions.
- 2-5 years experience preferred.
- Technical Skills: Advanced PowerShell automation and administration, basic programming, Windows Server (including non-GUI/Server Core), Active Directory, Hyper-V, DHCP/DNS/Multiple VLANs, and Linux (helpful but not required).
- Certifications/Licenses: MCITP - Administrator Bachelor's Degree or 4 years equivalent experience; Master's Degree preferred.
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. The pay range for this role is $41 - $51 per hour. This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home