Onsite- Englewood ,CO
Zscaler / Cloud/ Firewall Network Engineer,
3 month contract to hire
Our Client is seeking a Zscaler/Cloud/Firewall Network Engineer to join our team of highly technical professionals implementing the latest in technologies, ranging from data center next-generation core switching and routing thru private data center interconnects thru wide-area networks to use wired and wireless access. Work on our network of over 2500 network devices and have an opportunity to make a difference. This position will provide top-tier engineering and troubleshooting for our client's corporate Zscaler, Palo Alto Firewall, and Cloud Network Infrastructure platforms and services. Must be a detail-oriented and highly organized individual. Best practice network engineering and strategic vision in the design, planning, and implementation of firewall/proxy hardware products and cloud-based services.
Key responsibilities fall into the following categories:
Primary responsibilities will be the support, troubleshooting, and administering of Zscaler Internet Access, Zscaler Private Access, and AWS Cloud Network Infrastructure.
- Will perform day-to-day tasks for moves, adds, changes, and updating proxy rule sets.
- Be a primary resource for troubleshooting including engaging with end users and providing leadership on outage bridges.
- Maintain GRE tunnels to Zscaler endpoints.
- Design/build/support Application/Forwarding Profiles
- Zscaler PAC files.
- Supporting Zscaler products like Client Connector, VZEN, App Connector, and Private Service Edge.
- Monitor Zscaler platform services and processes.
- Document set up and maintain as-built drawings as changes are made.
- Practical experience related to AWS cloud networking, security groups, firewall manager, and internet gateway.
- Practical experience related to Palo Alto Panorama, PanOS, and Prisma Cloud.
- Practical experience related to using SD-WAN/MPLS to make direct connections to AWS direct connect gateways.
- Provide advanced technical leadership for complex project work.
- Supply advanced technical direction and leadership to the junior members of the data networking team.
- Work with various teams to gather requirements, create specifications, and design solutions for projects.
- Provide hands-on implementation and ongoing care and maintenance.
- Develop implementations in a lab environment to prove design specifications according to a test and validation plan.
- Maintaining daily operational responsibility for the reliability of the DISH enterprise network and proxies.
- Monitors ongoing availability of network services and processes via tools such as Solarwinds Orion and Cisco Prime Infrastructure applications.
- Follow necessary processes to ensure enterprise systems and services meet an operational uptime of 99.95%.
- Maintaining daily operational responsibility for the reliability of the DISH corporate network.
- Conducts advanced enterprise-level performance tuning as well as platform performance audits regularly.
- Monitors ongoing availability of network services and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls, both physical and virtual, and with Panorama.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical degree
- 6 to 8 years as a data network specialist in a medium to large enterprise network; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of Zscaler Internet Access and Zscaler Private Access from an implementation, architecture, and best practices perspective (and not only supporting user issues).
- Advanced knowledge of network monitoring and performance tools such as SolarWinds Orion NPM, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Wireshark, etc.
- Strategic thinker, strong interest and aptitude in the collaborative big picture, enterprise-wide network infrastructure roadmaps.
- A commitment to improving processes and to customer satisfaction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Results-oriented team player who will work towards meeting team commitments and ability to work within a cross-functional team.
Work attire: Business casual.
Working hours: This is a full-time, on-site position: 40 hours/week. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. to 6:00p.m.
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. The pay range for this role is $49 - $60 per hour. This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home