- The CRM Operations team is responsible for managing Client email, direct mail, text, and push customer communications.
- Positions in other companies may refer to the team as Campaign Operations or Marketing Operations.
- This project entails supporting the data needs for marketing communications utilizing our marketing tools to prepare customer data for those communications.
- Our tools include Unica and MessageGears but if someone is familiar with other marketing tools they will be able to understand and learn the tools that we use.
- This project will also involve writing complex SQL code against multiple databases.
- Working with customer data is a core function of this project.
- The project DOES NOT involve database administration duties, data science duties, marketing strategy duties, backend analytic reporting duties, or analytic model building duties.
- Individuals that have focused their career on the types of duties above may not find this position challenging as it does not require the duties mentioned above.
- Responsible for designing, building, and maintaining complex database queries, stored procedures, workflows, and processes using SQL within a complex data environment that includes Google BigQuery, Netezza, and Oracle databases.
- This role is responsible for supporting data requirements for customer communication efforts in support of a variety of initiatives across all Client brands and channels.
- This position works within data warehouses, executes data import/transfers, supports reporting environments via applicable data attribute logging, and solves data challenges daily.
- This position works collaboratively with Email Architects, Marketing team colleagues, and Third-Party Vendor partners to ensure that CRM campaigns are executed correctly and within the appropriate deadline.
- Writes and executes SQL queries utilizing common table expressions (CTE), inner joins, outer joins, cross joins, grouping, subqueries, and a variety of different types of criteria used to support customer selection for marketing campaigns, data investigations, and count requests.
- Responsible for the moderate to very complex design of data processes for direct marketing campaigns.
- Works with email architects and Third-Party vendors such as: MessageGears, Salesforce, etc. to ensure data meets requirements.
- Performs data quality assurance review and the quality assurance review of the final communication before the communication (email, direct mail, and Phone list) launches.
- Identifies and develops new campaign program improvements.
- Participates in efforts to build new direct marketing capabilities through new technical design projects.
- Identifies and manages process improvement efforts to continue to refine the campaign operations processes.
- At least 10 years experience writing SQL in a business environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of related professional experience in IT, Marketing Research, Analytics or Marketing.
- A strong business process/operations/analytical background.
- Bachelor's degree (marketing, MIS, computer science, or business)
- Experience handling sensitive customer data using privacy and security standards and processes.
- Strict attention to detail.
- A curious mindset.
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks and requests from many different departments and colleagues.
- Ability to work comfortably and professionally in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Strong communication skills to translate between business and technical requirements and interact with a variety of stakeholders.
- Able to adjust communications as appropriate for audiences with varying degrees of technical expertise.
- At least 3 years experience with Campaign Management Applications/Software
- Relational databases
- Database marketing
- Data manipulation/ETL (Extract-Transform-Load)
- Expertise in data management (security, hygiene, etc.), direct marketing, campaign analytics, and/or retail industry
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home