- Currently has an opportunity for a Platform Engineer, responsible for WAF (Web Application Firewall) and IPS (Intrusion Prevention Systems) platform services.
- This position is in the Product Technology group and will be working in a SOC2, ISO27001, and highly sensitive and secure environment providing platforms and services that company business partners can leverage to enable connected products (IoT) as well as product customers and clinicians.
- This position will be the technical platform owner of several core and shared services in the broader Shared Services Engineering team.
- Conducts the operational and administrative activities of the Shared Service Engineering responsibilities for platforms related to WAF and IPS products that are core and shared services.
- Executes engineering and administrative efforts during all phases of the systems development and implementation processes.
- Responsible for Tier 2 support for shared services platforms, documentation, platform validations, and lifecycle management
- Responsible for enabling Tier 1 support for platforms through documentation, training, etc.
- Responsible for Tier 1 work when not defined and accepted for Tier 1 support team.
- Responsible for proposing new designs that meet architecture principles and obtaining approvals.
- Responsible for settings security and compliance guardrails/controls on platforms
- Enable tool suites for infrastructure automation and application deployment.
- Responsible for partnering with SREs, PMs, and other Product Technology and internal business partner application teams as appropriate.
- Define and create test cases, execute test activities, and reports on progress.
- Responsible for ensuring shared service backups, recovery, etc., meet SLOs/SLAs – for those platforms assigned.
- Responsible for showing compliance when needed.
- Demonstrate a passion for IT, Infrastructure, and core/shared services.
- Platform owner for WAF and IPS – T2 Break/fix support and managing your cases for upkeep and completion. Customer facing requests (e.g., whitelisting; business unit support).
- Implement and manage shared services while ensuring they are consumable by DevOps, application teams, etc.
- Work in larger Waterfall programs while project planning and executing work on Agile sprint cycles (using Jira) – creating Stories for work efforts and managing them to completion.
- Determine technical objectives of assignments. Exercise latitude in approach to solutioning
- Drive automation in testing or orchestration for coordination with SREs and DevOps
- Scripting and other similar automation capabilities, including REST APIs and JSON
- Manage vendor cases submitted, working with Operations teams as applicable.
- Manage and monitor system performance optimization, maintenance, and production support (if escalated to)
- Refine conceptual system requirements into a technical design consisting of job flows and program specifications.
- Understand customers’ business objectives and system requirements and work closely with customers to determine their strategic requirements and measure performance against expectations. Assist in customer resolutions.
- Responsible for staying abreast of new developments in technologies and making recommendations as appropriate.
- Will apply certification and Product Security policies and standards when performing all duties.
- Create/upkeep of your products via Roadmap planning for WAF/IPS.
- Required - Degree in computer science, networking or related IT field and 5+ years’ experience or 7+ years of equivalent IT experience (2+ years of WAF/IPS experience is REQUIRED)
- Required - 3-4 years of technical subject matter expert/Tier 2 experience with multiple technologies pertinent to position.
- Required - Multitasks, prioritizes, and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Required - Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Required - Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Professional IT certifications are a plus.
- Good basic understanding of F5
- 2+ years of Azure exposure/experience
- PKI services experience (i.e., Keyfactor vendor) a plus
- Good basic understanding of Networking concepts/technologies
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, Splunk, Solarwinds a plus
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home