This remote role will play a critical part in adding new features and capabilities to digital products in the ecosystem of the company and related brands. The Design Lead manages design, research execution and delivery working closely with Product Management, Development and Marketing teams. The role will have no direct reports but comes with a strong expectation to mentor the very talented junior and mid-level Product Designers already on staff.
- Lead the effort to create user-centered, digital retail and commerce experiences
- Strong facilitation skills and influence as you work closely with the product management, engineering and marketing teams to ideate and consider various implementations of features
- Experience in leading product design from opportunity development to concept design, prototyping, and to shipment
- Identify design problems, leveraging Design Research and human-centered design to devise solutions that can be rapidly tested to iterate on the designed solution
- Translate concepts into user stories, user journeys, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Design high quality, user-friendly solutions as a part of the Agile team
- Maintain the Figma/Sketch design library and contribute to the enterprise design system
- Mentoring a junior and mid-level Product designers
- Support strong remote-working, design culture
- Organizational skills to track versioning of the designs
- Experience working on complicated workflows
- Ability to collaborate with others and work cross-functionally
- Strong aesthetic sensibilities
- Experience with UX Design tools, which could may Figma, Sketch(Mac), Adobe Creative Suite, Jira, and InVision
- Experience leveraging Design/UX research as part of the design process
- Strong experience working within Agile development processes and techniques in an Enterprise environment
- Familiar with LeanUX framework is a plus
- Experience working in a Retail/eCommerce environment is strongly preferred
- 10+ years of experience in developing both web and mobile user experiences
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home