- Directly responsible for interacting with business units and other Systems area personnel to document requirements as necessary to design, develop and complete IT solutions within an Agile environment that effectively support the org Operations
- Performs solution analysis in the course of technical discovery, solution design, development and implementation as necessary to develop solutions to support our business.
- Partners with functional groups within the organization to clarify and document functional and non functional business requirements, use cases, business rules.
- Partners with solution architects and business stakeholders to ensure solutions are aligned with business needs and IT strategy
- Understands overall technical direction and communicates this direction to the business to ensure consistent and common application of technology solutions
- Ensures clear and complete project requirements in order to deliver continuous business value
- May provide ongoing support throughout the pilot phase of the initiative
- Builds partnerships with the business and technical representatives to create a team atmosphere while in problem solving activities
- Conducts structured interviews with various business and technical representatives to document information relating to a specific business situation
- Creates workflow diagrams that reflect current and future state and performs gap analyses between current and future state
- Negotiates with business partners to identify phased approaches to attaining the desired future state, balancing pros, and costs.
- Works with team and architects to identify alternative technical approaches, balancing pros, cons and costs
- Documents findings, formulates alternatives and finalizes recommendations
- Perform other assignments to comply with business strategies and initiatives
- Participates with the team to define test cases and support testing.
- Develops presentations to business and technical partners to communicate/sell findings and recommendations
- Uses knowledge and experience to mentor team members. Assist in cross-training team members in system intricacies and improving team members’ technical skills.
- At least 5 years applicable business/solution analysis experience
- Possesses PC desktop software skills (proficient with MS Office Product Suite including Visio.)
- Skilled in writing SQL queries
- Demonstrates outstanding interpersonal skills with emphasis in pro-active brainstorming and debating dialogues
- Experience with interviewing, researching and documenting findings
- Requires high energy, positive thinking and an assertive personality that is perceived as professional, open, intelligent and a remarkable contributor to any team
- Strong Leader
- Data Mapping
- Knowledge of how technology can enhance the business environment
- Agile experience
- Knowledge of Life Insurance application
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or related discipline
- Read XML and JSON data models
- Web Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home