- The Senior Data Engineer, PICK DBA will be responsible for managing our most critical adjudication applications called UNIVERSE and D3.
- This role will be responsible for working with different scrum teams and will monitor and maintain the PICK databases for the UNIVERSE and D3 applications.
- They will be responsible for standard database management activities like sizing, licensing, troubleshooting, capacity planning, security and 24x7 support.
- PICS DBA team with a total size of 3 DBA’s
- Knowledge of PICK DB for UNIVERSE (Rocket Software) application.
- Maintaining database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters.
- Monitoring and maintaining database file sizes.
- Maintaining Universe licensing.
- Creating and maintaining support documentation.
- Maintaining Universe File Types – in particular, distributed, and dynamic files
- Work on troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking & deadlocking issues, replication issues, connectivity issues, and security issues.
- Capacity planning and reporting.
- Ensure that service desk incidents are completed within specified SLAs.
- Managing Universe database triggers.
- Help with query optimization.
- Manage indexes, and integrity checks.
- Review health-check reports and perform necessary remediations.
- Working closely with teams to convert requirements into logical and physical database designs and models.
- Code reviewing and advising development on potential enhancements.
- Excellent problem solving and solution realization skills.
- Full understanding of SDLC.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and speaking.
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work well in groups.
- Work in a 24X7 support team model.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of overall IT experience
- 5+ experience as a PICK DBA for UNIVERSE application
- Good understanding of Universe File Types – in particular, Distributed and Dynamic files
- Good understanding of Universe Database Triggers
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues (e.g., use of Fix-tool), performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, connectivity issues, and security issues.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization
- Good knowledge of indexes, index management, integrity checks
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
- Knowledge and experience with Rocket MVIS tool
- UNIVERSE Replication and Reporting Experience
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home