The Localization Specialist will work as part of the Technical Publications Team and support various elements of the localization workflow from request creation to job completion. Work with a translation manager, technical writers, project managers and documentation specialists to proofread translations following a style guide and formatting checklist. You will manage and track translation project status with cross-functional teams and translation suppliers.
- Support technical writers, labeling specialists, and project managers on technical publication and global labeling deliverables.
- Proofread English source files and translations following style guide and proofreading checklist.
- Mitigate and resolve translation quality issues with suppliers and cross-functional teams in varying locations and time zones.
- Hold kickoff meetings with suppliers when initiating translation projects and prioritize, monitor, and track status for completion.
- Conduct first-article inspections of printed products.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- 1-2 years of relevant localization experience required
- General knowledge of labeling processes in a regulated environment preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across global and culturally diverse teams required
- Ability to work well independently and with teams required
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize highly preferred
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills preferred
- Experience with enterprise change management systems preferred
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. The pay range for this role is $32 - $43 per hour. This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home