This person will provide departmental insights on performance and develop data models to solve various quantitative projects. You will work closely with the business to obtain requirements and work with data engineers to develop solutions to best serve our customers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for creating new, modifying existing, and performing ad-hoc reporting in support of business processes and data-driven decision making. Must have the ability to create meaningful dashboards on Power BI and Excel.
- Develop strong Data Quality standards and controls to ensure data integrity and accessibility.
- Works closely with other departments and Business Analysts to understand business requirements, maintain thorough documentation and obtain business sign offs for all reporting needs, from daily working reports to high level metrics.
- Analyze large datasets to identify meaningful patterns that provide actionable results.
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources and reconciles discrepancies.
- Participates in the Data Governance program by updating the data dictionary and policy & procedures.
- Analyze and confirm metrics are effective and provide feedback to department leaders of trends that require attention
- Problem-solving through statistical analysis with large data sets highly preferable?
- Strong data modeling experience utilizing star schema or other techniques.
- BI Tools: Preferred experience with Power BI using DAX and M Code, otherwise other BI tools utilizing backend coding logic
- Database: Experience leveraging Microsoft SQL Server, MS Azure, Snowflake
- ETL tools: Experienced in utilizing SSIS, Power BI Dataflows, or other Big Data extraction tools
- Analytical and Automation tools: Preferred experience with Alteryx, MS Automation, MS Power Apps
- Strong initiative in the development and timely completion of projects and deadlines
- Exceptional time management skills to effectively multi-task.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home