This position requires proficiency in directing resources to build and manage a full-stack technology of front-end client-facing applications, a back-end business logic layer, and data engineering skills. The Lead Software Engineer function includes agility in developing and maintaining a Microservice Architecture that can deliver performance and reliability in servicing the customers. Additionally, the role requires a person with Agile project management experience who will act as vendor liaison with the outsourced development teams.
This position includes 35% strategy, project management, and reporting responsibilities, and 65% hands-on development, quality assurance on development deliverables, and managing the production environment. Finally, the Lead Software Engineer is an individual contributor who can work seamlessly with company members, agency partners, and vendors. This role is based in our corporate office in Alpharetta, Georgia.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of websites, intranets, and integrations within the Mark Spain technology ecosystem.
- Assist and liaison with outsourced resources in WordPress development and implementation
- Build and maintain all configuration and business logic rule documentation for internal and outsourced resources
- Lead and assist with code reviews, testing case ideation, debugging, documentation, and overall quality assurance of projects
- Promote and demonstrate good coding practice and patterns for the team
- Participate in all phases of Agile methodology (planning, grooming, coding sprint items) and demonstration of new features
- Participate in design sessions, work with product owners, and team members
- Stay current and suggest innovative new ways to improve processes, techniques, and technologies and incorporate them into your work
- Effectively work with other groups and third parties
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning systems such as Git or SVN and tools such as GitHub and/or Bitbucket.
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing application and components using Java
- 3+ years of experience developing RESTful services using JSON
- 3+ years of experience in working in an Agile project management culture.
- 3+ years of experience developing SQL multi-table queries, inserts, and updates (PostgreSQL) and No-SQL collections and aggregations (MongoDB).
- Experience tuning No-SQL and SQL statements with execution explain plans
- Experience designing and developing applications such as AngularPWA or ReactPWA
- Experience developing within a Vue.JS framework
- Experience developing microservice cloud applications in AWS
- Experience in data engineering in building robust data pipelines with data streaming technologies like Apache Kafka
- Experience developing web based front-end with extensive knowledge in textual search functionality.
- Experience with Real Estate Standards Organization (RESO.org) data dictionary and Web API standards.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home