- Our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions.
- We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets.
- As a systems Technician supporting the BSC Arden Hills plant Operational Technology (OT) areas and computers, you will play a crucial role in supporting the hardware and software that helps drive multiple manufacturing lines. Your expertise and contributions will be integral to the smooth operation of our manufacturing processes.
- In this role as a member of the Endpoint Management department under Manufacturing Systems Engineering, you will respond to Manufacturing Line support incidents and service requests and collaborate with a tight-knit team of seasoned Windows systems IT/OT experts, provide direct support for Windows-based computers, applications, and peripherals to ensure that all systems are functioning optimally or identify & escalate to any number of partner teams.
- Your role as a systems Technician will require you to work cross-functionally with teams across the organization, including IT, to ensure that our manufacturing systems are operating at peak performance.
- This includes working closely with other Manufacturing technicians and engineers to maintain and troubleshoot manufacturing equipment and systems.
- This position requires onsite, weekend support on Saturdays and Sundays during Day Shift Designated Days and Working Hours are flexible if needed (for example four 10-hour days vs five 8-hour days, Thurs-Sun, Fri-Mon, Thurs-Mon, etc.).
- Organizes and performs Installation, Move, Add, Changes (IMAC) of applications, computers, and other hardware.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues related to computers, Operating Systems (Windows XP SP3 through Windows 10), applications, network, and peripherals used on our manufacturing lines.
- Implements and deploys new applications, hardware, Operating Systems, and infrastructure equipment.
- Plans, tests, and partners in the roll-out of new applications, hardware, Operating Systems, and infrastructure equipment.
- Performs hardware and software compatibility tests for monthly/quarterly security patching, application, and Operating System updates.
- Maintains, develops, trouble-shoots, and installs network infrastructure equipment and implements necessary changes.
- Provides guidance and technical expertise for users related to system or software related purchases and instruction on computer hardware and applications.
- Specifies and procures computer hardware and peripherals used in our manufacturing areas.
- May be responsible for IT tool administration (management console, storage/back-up tools, etc.) and other activities as needed.
- 3 years of experience with Associates Degree or an equivalent combination of education/work experience.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Experience installing and configuring software on Windows based computers.
- An understanding of computer hardware including building and configuring computers.
- A basic understanding of TCP/IP network troubleshooting (Cisco CLI a plus but not a requirement).
- Previous experience in a medical device field or equivalent validated/controlled environments.
- Previous experience interfacing directly with manufacturing customers to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve issues.
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively prioritize them.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The position includes removing/installing computers and associated hardware.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home