The Procurement Specialist (PS) serves as a member of the Rig Procurement Purchasing team. This position is responsible for facilitating and maintaining the purchasing process from requests for materials and services all the way through the invoice payment and purchase order closeout process. This includes participation in all aspects of the purchasing process, across multiple Rig Technologies facilities, for the categories and/or suppliers assigned.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for the commodity/commodities the Specialist is assigned to by management
- Liaison between the supplier, category management and operations to ensure delivery of parts.
- Collaborate with planning and engineering where required to understand requirements and suggest possible alternatives.
- Solicit and negotiate bids from qualified suppliers for spot buy parts.
- Identify and select suppliers to initiate in pricing agreements to further leverage spend, as appropriate.
- Issue purchase orders (PO) and performs expediting when required to assure PO delivery schedule is met, and suppliers are meeting contractual criteria regarding quality, delivery and payment terms.
- Lead periodic supplier key performance indicator and scorecard reviews with large, key suppliers to ensure on time delivery, quality, orders meet company standards.
- Monitors compliance to sourced supplier agreements, where appropriate and applicable.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to improve supplier performance and reduce defects.
- Maintain consistent, clear communication with suppliers regarding the companies supplier performance expectation.
- Initiating and maintaining adequate purchasing records by ensuring PO data is accurate and complete.
- Consistently meet key performance indicators (KPI) and service level agreements (SLA) as outlined by management.
- Monitors the receiving and accounts payable processes to ensures POs are appropriately received, paid and closed.
- Complies with all Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a buyer/purchaser/procurement specialist or equivalent experience
- Ability to read, understand, and articulate technical material specifications/requirements and drawings required
- Experience in centralized procurement setting preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Supplier sourcing experience preferred
- Oracle EBS experience preferred
- Action Oriented
- Business Acumen
- Conflict Management
- Decision Quality
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Organized - Ability to hit deadlines
- Business Systems (Oracle, Cognos, Jira, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Technical Learning - knowledge of manufacturing and print/specification reading
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home