- Deals team – responsible for deals pages, as well as several React and React Native components throughout both the website and app
- In this role, you will be a critical member of the Deals team building components for the deals experience.
- You will develop highly optimized, responsive components.
- You will be working in an agile environment with some pair programming.
Responsibilities/Deliverables that the resource will be responsible for:
- Developing React Native components for use in the Client app
- Interact directly with peer developers, Product Management, Design, QA and remote server-side engineering groups as part of a cohesive team
- Partner with product owners and UX on what’s feasible technically and participate in user requirements translation to technical specifications.
Must Have Skills:
- 5+ years of experience with mobile app development
- React Native app development experience
- Minimum of 6 years related software development experience with Bachelor’s degree
- additional 2 years of experience without BS/BA
- Strong unit-testing and integration-testing skills
- Able to participate in the planning process: take high level design discussions and create user stories, then further break those stories into tasks.
- Good social and communication skills
- Team oriented focus. Ability to understand another’s viewpoint and have a constructive code review discussion.
- Takes initiative, self-starter. Able to identify work that needs to be done on their own.
- Automated deployment pipelines (Jenkins and/or Github Actions preferred)
- Ability to write clean, readable code and adhere to team style guides.
- Experience with iOS development (swift or Objective-C) and the release process
- Experience with Android development
- Experience with commonly used libraries (Retrofit, Butterknife, Espresso, Alamofire, Axios, etc) is a bonus
- Experience with bug tracking software such as Jira
- Proficiency with UNIX/Linux/macOS command line
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; you must be comfortable in small and large groups and interacting with senior executives
- Flexible problem-solving ability
- Leadership and mentoring of more junior engineers
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home