- Experience as NOC Tech providing Tier 1/2 support and understanding of OSI layers.
- Experience with Ethernet and Transport router/switch topology (MPLS, Ethernet, eLAN-eLine, TCP/IP, BGP, QoS, IP, etc)--experience troubleshooting ethernet tickets
- Experience w/ IPv4, IPv6, routing protocols
- Ability to work flexible shifts as needed:
- 9pm-7am or 10pm-8am
- Monday nights through Friday morning OR Tuesday nights through Saturday morning
- Works on relatively straightforward installation and/or maintenance assignments on network switching equipment.
- Technician for customer/company network systems maintenance activities.
- Monitors network operations and resolves routine network problems.
- Resolves routine trouble tickets.
- Outgoing and incoming calls in a customer facing NOC environment.
- Minimum 3 years related experience in specific area or equivalent.
- May require technical certification.
- Basic working knowledge and experience on IP communications (IPv4, IPv6, routing protocols).
- Technical knowledge and experience on contemporary technologies (e.g., MPLS, Ethernet, eLAN-eLine, TCP/IP, BGP, QoS, IP, etc.).
- The incoming calls are primarily from customers calling to log trouble tickets.
- Outgoing calls are primarily to update the customers on the status of their repair report or to log trouble tickets with local carriers.
- This position will be troubleshooting down hard ethernet troubles.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home