The Senior Active Directory Engineer provides support, implementation, and design services for Microsoft Active Directory and Windows-based systems across the enterprise, including directory and identity management solutions.
- Resolves and appropriately completes assigned tasks and change requests and acts as an escalation for support issues.
- Applies new solutions through research and collaboration with team and determines course of action for new application initiatives.
- Implements new software solutions as required by the business.
- The core infrastructure technology duties include enterprise Microsoft Active Directory, ADFS, Microsoft Certificate Services, policy configuration, and top-level support for enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Active Directory architecture, Sites and Services and management [expert-level]
- Expert knowledge in creating, administering, and troubleshooting Group Policies (GPOs) [expert-level]
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), SAML, SSO (Okta preferred) [expert-level]
- Scripting Experience: PowerShell and VBScript [Expert-level]
- Public key infrastructure (PKI) [expert-level] -Based on Microsoft technologies
- Networking DNS, DHCP [expert-level]
- Distributed File System including both DFS-N, and DFS-R [expert-level]
- Authentication, Kerberos, NTLM [expert-level]
- Windows Certificates Services Management [expert-level]
- Windows Server Operating Systems (2012 R2 to 2019) - Configuration and security setup with firewalls
- Develops security standards and controls per DISA STIGS and CISA requirements
- VMware vSphere and Hyper-V Virtualization
- Azure Active Directory and Azure AD Connect
- Windows Failover Clustering
- Windows file shares and security administration
- Windows Failover Clustering
- Project Management
- Experience with Disaster recovery experience is a plus
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2019, 2022 Administration (MCSE and/or MCITP certification highly preferred!)
- B.S. degree in a computer science, information technology, and computer related discipline or 7+ years IT work experience in a global information technology infrastructure environment.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home