Top 3 Requirements::
- Strong knowledge of Agile values, principles and practices
- Knowledge of scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP, and other Agile frameworks
- Comfort with agile tools such as JIRA, Confluence, MURAL, Understanding of basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- The organization is on an agile, product and digital transformation journey and as a Scrum Master, you will be guiding multiple agile teams through their journey and help drive agile transformation across products and lines of business.
- As a Scrum Master, you will act as a leader and on-team coach for multiple scrum teams. We have multiple opportunities open at various levels based on experience.
- We are looking for a dynamic, collaborative personality that can champion the cause of the agile movement within the organization.
- You are passionate about leading change, helping shift mindset and influence culture change.
- Fostering new ways of thinking, new ways of working and building new capabilities that will help unlock new possibilities.
- You possess strategic vision and tactical mastery and combine it with an entrepreneurial spirit to get it done.
- You will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious objectives and work closely with partners across product teams to design innovative solutions and balance challenging priorities and demands.
- You are laser-focused on operational excellence and customer satisfaction and you'll need to wear many hats, so flexibility and a can-do attitude are critical!
- Embrace the agile mindset, advocate and champion agile across the Technology organization by challenging, coaching, and guiding teams using agile and lean principles
- Provide creative solutions to agile transformation issues: resistance to change, limited resources, conflicting priorities, lack of accountability
- Ability to utilize agile methods in a flexible manner that often includes traditional project management which can include hard deadlines/fixed dates at times
- Understand the various agile frameworks, events and artifacts (i.e. scrum, Kanban), where they are fit for purpose and how to implement/apply with new and existing teams
- Manage and facilitate team ceremonies including quarterly product planning, product owner syncs, backlog grooming, estimating and sizing efforts, release planning, sprint planning, standups and retrospectives.
- Facilitate and coach to draft, track progress and continuously improve on Objective and Key Results (OKRs)
- Coach teams and leaders in agile principles and practices, roles and responsibilities, and frameworks
- Foster a continuous improvement environment in order to build high-performing, agile teams
- Track and report on metrics for teams to measure progress, effectiveness of agile adoption, and agile maturity of the teams
- Guide product management teams in their role, defining MVP's, developing product charters, product community maps, product roadmaps and release plans, story mapping, writing stories and backlog prioritization and management
- Train and mentor other scrum masters on the role of the scrum master and build communities of practice for scrum masters to share, learn and grow
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Three or more years of experience in Agile technology delivery
- Five or more years of experience in Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) teams
- Three or more years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Strong knowledge of Agile values, principles and practices and capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification a plus
- Experience as a Scrum Master managing multiple teams simultaneously
- Knowledge of scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP, and other Agile frameworks Comfort with agile tools such as JIRA, Confluence, MURAL
- Experience with distributed teams, in multiple time zones
- Demonstrated ability to partner and communicate effectively with non-technical team members, resolving contending or contradictory objectives, and unifying disparate ideas into a homogenized solution
- Possess the ability to influence others, implement change, and standardize processes in a complex business environment
- A passion for mentoring and growing the potential of others
- Great teammate - should be ready to go beyond to help the immediate team and do not be averse to not shy away from asking for help if needed.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and bring new ideas to the table
- Demonstrated growth mindset
- Positive attitude and ability to inspire the team toward continuous improvement
- Experience with outcomes-based planning and delivery (i.e., OKR)
- Ability to partner with Product, Tech, UX and Data disciplines
- Experience with Design Sprints and/or Product Discovery tactics
- Direct experience with big room planning and cross-team coordination
- Understanding of basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Experience successfully delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work in ambiguity and iterate to a solution, can estimate and solve basic business problems without explicit direction
- Creative, flexible, and willing to continuously change, evolve, and improve software development processes
- Demonstrated technical leadership and direction
- Demonstrated program-level collaboration and system architecture understanding
- Strong communication, collaboration, leadership, conflict resolution, budgeting and time management skills
- Experience in business analysis, product management or product development
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home