- 10 years experience as Security Engineer
- Experience designing alert requirements in SOC environment for incidents coming in from Splunk
- Strong incident response process experience
- Experience w/ firewalls--Cisco, Fortinet, Palo Alto (any is fine)
- Crowdstrike experience
- Ability to obtain Public Trust and eventually Secret Clearance
The Sr. Lead Information Security Engineer position in the Federal Security Operation Center (SOC organization will have the task of leading the Federal SOC Incident Response Team. The position will have two main responsibilities:
1. This position will be in a leadership role in the Federal SOC Incident Response Team in a 24x7x365 environment operation in a minimum of two SOC locations. This capability does not exist today, and the role will be responsible for standing up the new capability. At a high level, the Federal Incident Response Team will be responsible for operation, maintenance, and monitoring of Security Events for Federal customers and internal Federal Service Enclaves. This role performs security event management functions - monitoring, detection, triage of security events and alerts in Security Information Event Management (SIEM) and associated monitoring systems.
2. The position will be responsible for establishing technical processes and tools focused on Incident Response and Threat Hunting. This includes developing a training and certification framework enabling the success of Federal Incident Response Team individual contributors.
3. This position will be responsible for FedSOC wide Incident Response Program on all internal Infrastructure and external customer facing.
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. In compliance in compliance with state laws and regulations related to job posting requirements, the salary range for this role is $15.00 -$115.00 per hour (hourly rates in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home