- Senior position with 5+ years of Experience supporting Postgres in an enterprise environment.
- Healthcare experience is not a must, but a plus. The one key thing I mention is we need the person to be an infrastructure DBA not a developer. Infrastructure DBA’s maintain the system, help optimize, ensure backups, DR processes, etc. They do not write any code like a developer.
- Knowledge of other database technologies would be a huge plus (MSSQL and MySQL).
- Supporting Postgres in an large scale environment 10+TB databases.
- Knowledge of management tools necessary to support and monitor the environment.
- Knowledge of how Postgres operates on Red Hat Linux to configure the system most effectively for performance.
- All should be 5+ years’ experience.
- Today I have six DBA positions that report to me. Some support MSSQL, some Oracle and some MySQL.
- I do not have anyone else that is able to support Postgres except this position we are looking to fill.
- They all work as team (team meetings, daily standups, etc.), but obviously their technologies are different and they tend to manage their own realm with my oversight.
PostgreSQL DBA roles and responsibilities
- Create the objects in the database, such as triggers, indexes, etc.
- Monitor the performance of the database and ensure optimum performance.
- Identify potential issues in the database to solve them early.
- Maintain backups and perform disaster recovery in case a disaster destroys the database.
- Monitor security and prevent any unauthorized access to the database
- Schedule consistent maintenance on the server
- Maintain database schema
- Manage database availability
- Performance tuning
- Give best practice guidance to the development team
- Resolve any production data issues
- Taplespace management
- Role management
- Develop automation technologies to accelerate the process of data loading.
- Develop relational databases
- Ensure data integrity
- Manage user access and permissions by adding and removing users as required
- Maintain the database using different utilities. This includes using like pg_ctl and psql
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home