IT Incident Manager,
3 month contract to hire
The Incident Manager is responsible for driving and managing the effective resolution of daily IT-related incidents that impact the DISH Network enterprise. This position will include shift work that includes working with the IT Service Desk, Network Operations, Application Administrators, Change Management, Problem Management & Resolution (PMR), and Infrastructure Support. You will be a part of the Incident Response Team that will handle all application/infrastructure issues that occur during a shift resulting in lost productivity to the Business.
Primary Responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Drive troubleshooting bridge calls by facilitating workaround strategy discussions with fix agents; quickly diagnose an incident’s impact on the organization and work with fix agents in determining the best course of action
- Make decisive, but educated decisions, which will ultimately reduce an incident’s Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- Work with PMR during the troubleshooting process to identify known errors and similar incidents that have occurred in the past; work closely with Change Management to identify change activity that has potentially impacted the environment
- Be a consistent “voice” in the Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings; ensure enterprise-wide communications are delivered accurately with appropriate information; prioritize and manage multiple incidents occurring at the same time
- Communicate with Executive Management by delivering status updates with accurate and timely information; ensure incidents are resolved by communicating with the field and validating fixes that have been put into place
- Work closely with the Metrics and Documentation Team in identifying incident trending patterns so that improvement strategies can be developed; contribute to the development of the Known Error Database; make regular recommendations to the PMR team regarding process and procedure improvements
- Coordinate firewall meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology related field with 4 years of experience or 5+ years of experience in Incident Management
- General knowledge of IT systems.
- Knowledge of firewalls, networking protocols, and IT Security protocols
- Effective in High pressure situations
- Ability to work in on-call environment
- Preferred experience communicating with C-level executives at major corporation
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home