Seeking a Solar Sales Specialist to drive sales growth of its ArcMinPV family of ground-mount steel racking & single-axis tracker products for upcoming solar projects. This position will focus on business development with both previously developed relationships and newly identified target customers. The segment focus for its products includes commercial & industrial, distributed generation, and utility scale solar power projects ranging from 500kW to 150MW+ in system size.
Looking for a driven team member with 5 or more years of sales and account management experience within the solar industry, more specifically selling ground-mount systems. Current and previously developed relationships across the target customer base are essential to drive improved top-line and bottom-line growth for the organization. This job is ideal for someone who wants to work at a large, diversified firm within a "startup" business unit and is motivated to grow and close sales to help us achieve our targets.
The position requires identifying, qualifying, and closing leads with commercial, industrial, and utility-scale facilities as well as working with EPCs and solar project developers. Exceptional written and verbal skills are necessary to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences. There will be significant client interaction and a high degree of professionalism required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Hit minimum weekly, monthly, and annual productivity and sales goals.
- Maintain contact with existing clients from former solar PV projects and leverage your relationships to expand the opportunity pipeline.
- Develop new opportunities through approved vendor lists, requests for proposal, letters of intent, memoranda of understanding, and customer outreach through customer relationship management software.
- Prepare preliminary project estimates & financing cash flows.
- Present detailed proposals to prospects.
- Deliver technical and commercial presentations.
- Generate additional revenue opportunities through networking and referrals.
- Partner with cross-functional departments to accomplish mutual objectives.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of local and regional competition, understanding market pricing, utility rates, grant, and incentive programs as well as current mix of product and services.
- Regular travel required for client meetings.
- Act as the internal "voice of customer" to align business performance to client needs.
- Participate in training as required to perform your role.
- Will be required to adhere and comply with state and federal law, NOV's Quality Program, company policies, and HS&E regulations.
- Bachelor of Science Degree.
- Sales with at least 5 years' experience, selling into solar industry vertical.
- Working knowledge of fixed-tilt racking and single-axis tracker technology.
- Deep knowledge of the Energy industry and operations, specifically renewables and/or utility solar construction.
- Understanding of the solar value chain, including a background in market penetration and product development.
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in maintaining and growing business with existing clients and development of new clients.
SKILLS, TRAINING OR SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Working knowledge of Dynamics365, PLM/PDM and/or CRM data systems.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home