- Manages the development and implementation process of company's products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products
- Estimates project levels of effort and resource requirements by using standard estimating techniques and tools, and by working with appropriate staff to understand scope of effort,
- Prepares project plans, schedules and budgets by using project management tools such as Microsoft Project and by working with appropriate staff to understand tasks necessary to complete project.
- Directs project execution by assigning tasks, tracking project schedules, identifying risks, and developing and executing contingency plans.
- Assures project quality by using standard development methodologies and by working with SQA to develop and execute project quality plans.
- Communicates project status by preparing standard status reports, and by participating in departmental and customer project status update meetings.
- Resolves project issues by working with team members, project customers, and others as appropriate.
- Consults with internal project groups by sharing project management knowledge and assisting or mentoring more junior project leaders in project management processes and techniques
- Bachelor's degree plus 2-5 years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area, or master’s degree with 0-2 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Working technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures
- General understanding of business unit/group function
- Will perform this job in a quality system environment
- Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Has a broad knowledge of technical alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the systems environment.
- Looking for candidates that are Extremely well organized, highly motivated, a self-starter and have strong communication skills.
- Want to emphasize that the manager is not looking for a degree preference, more important is the work experience and future career interest in project management.
- Previous experience managing projects, Medical Device/Health Care industry experience, High level proficiency with Microsoft Project, High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Daily tasks/duties and department interactions:
- Manage, communicate, and coordinate the project management phases of Initiating, Planning, Executing, Controlling, and Closing
- Collaborate and influence cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Strong integration skills: ability to coordinate all aspects of a project.
- Monthly or quarterly metrics the candidate will be measured on description of work environment/department: Fast-paced and high visible position.
Top 3-5 hard requirements for the role:
- Extremely well organized, highly motivated, self-starter and strong communication skills.
- Want to emphasize that manager is not looking for a degree preference, more important is the work experience and future career interest in project management.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home