Leading and/or delivering a range of design and consultancy assignments, including:
- Executive Operational Strategy and Design Advisory - advisory to the Run and Change Leadership as required
- Business Strategy - using enterprise architecture blueprints and insights to inform business strategy formation through working with relevant business stakeholders
- Operational Strategy - leading Operational Strategy development and application; researching to address gaps in knowledge relating to a specific business issue
- Operating Models - designing Target Operating Models (TOMs) for discrete business domains and functions; aligning the operating model with Data and Technology colleagues into a coherent solution
- Operational Excellence - identifying process improvement and reengineering opportunities
- Assisting Program Management - to create the business case for initiatives being considered; creation of roadmaps required to deliver the committed outcomes
- Business Analysis Oversight - ensuring that business analysis work aligns to the Design factory approach and team standards
- Design & Change Consulting and Orchestration - mobilising change, design and analysis; facilitating workshops
- M&A integration - participating in end-to-end operational due diligence of M&A opportunities to evaluate integration synergies and effort; the creation of an operating model for acquired entities and the planning of activities required to successfully integrate a business into Columbia Threadneedle
- Business Architecture - design and ownership of the Business Capability Model, Lifecycle, and other key Business Architecture artefacts
- Design Advocacy - educate and advise on the application of the firms Design Factory
The role will involve:
- Leading the delivery of design assignments and assisting on the delivery of complex assignments usually under the supervision of a more senior member of the team
- Contributing to prioritization for the overall pipeline of potential Business Architecture work
- Building positive relationships with Global Executive Group (GEG) / GEG-1 level stakeholders within the organization
- Operating as a positive role model for the rest of the GT&C team through leading by example
- Influencing the agenda for the team through leading service proposition design, business development work, thought leadership and the injection of innovative ideas and ways of thinking
- Challenging conventional wisdom and freely expressing their own opinion
- Undertaking line / matrix management for other member of the Business Architecture & Analysis team
- Broad investment management experience gained primarily in a Buy Side organisation, in two or more of the following areas:
- Front Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income, Multi Asset, RI/ESG, LDI and Alternative Investment business domains
- Middle and Back Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains, ideally using Aladdin
- Distribution, marketing, web, collaboration and CRM - ideally using Salesforce
- Corporate functions required to support the running of an Asset Management organisation, Risk, Finance, Procurement, HR, Legal and Compliance
- Self-starter with ability to prioritise and manage own activities in the best interests of the organisation
- Collaborative team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Robust understanding of Business Architecture and Design skills and best practice, gained through experience of working in, or interacting closely with, a consultancy environment, including experience of:
- Using, developing and adapting key Business Architecture tools and applications, ideally SAP Sybase Power Designer or similar
- Senior stakeholder and communication management in a design and change context
- An understanding of change management disciplines, processes and tools, including Agile with the ability to apply them to business solutions.
- Evidence of leading large, complex design and change assignments, with the ability to visualize and create high-level models that can then be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture.
- Excellent academic record
- CFA / IMC / CISI or similar industry qualifications
- Certified Business Architect / Managing Successful Programms or similar change qualifications
- Consulting experience
- Master of Business Administration
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home