This is an Onsite role in Greeley, CO
Purpose and Scope/General Summary: We are seeking candidates for an Internal Auditor. This position, based in Greeley, Colorado, is a key contributor within the Corporate Internal Audit team in performing internal audits, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance and other projects as assigned. Audits are performed to assess the risk over the internal control environment, compliance with corporate policies, assess controls across the company, and to identify operational efficiency. This position will contribute to SOX testing efforts, including documentation of process walkthroughs, internal control testing, and follow up testing of remediated deficiencies for business process controls.
- Participate in company audits using a “Risk Based Methodology”
- Be a contributor to the on-going success of the SOX program
- Work with external auditors as directed
- Follow up with management on previous audit findings to assure action plans have been completed
- Assist others in the department, as required, to prepare for meetings and presentations, including data gathering and preparation of materials
- This role is expected to be an individual contributor and a strong team player
- Some projects/ audits require employees to travel to various locations in the US (up to 15% of the time)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or any other business administration major with accounting knowledge required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS preferred
- Knowledge of SOX testing preferred
- Prior external and/or internal audit experience preferred
- The ability to drive oneself to take initiative and action to pursue goals and complete tasks in the timely manner
- Strong desire to learn new business processes, systems, and other related knowledge
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with an attention to detail
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be capable of achieving a high degree of accuracy while multi-tasking
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment where the tasks and priorities change rapidly
- Individual should be capable of working with minimal supervision and be self-motivated, when necessary
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team working to accomplish corporate audit objectives and while exhibiting company values in all aspects of work
- CPA or CIA is preferred
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $55,000-$70,000; and
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, this company is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home