- Scrum team with 1 PO, 1 Scrum Master, 3-8 Engineers
- Work within a delivery team to ensure product stories’ acceptance criteria is me
- Develop application code and tests using Java, Groovy, and Python
- Participate in daily scrum meetings
- Participate in refinement, to help clarify strategies
- Participate in team retrospective reviews to continually improve team performance
- Collaborate on code reviews, helping to improve our codebase and reduce debt
- Work with development team to enhance and streamline code. Share knowledge and experience with other development members
- Works with and takes direction from product and tech leaders on design
- Continually strive to improve SDLC, code, CI/CD, and engineering best practices
- Experience with event and API driven microservice architecture
- Experience with relational databases like Postgres and MySQL
- Experience working in the Agile Development Framework
- Proven excellent coding skills in an object-oriented programming language
- Proven ability to work with members of a team in different disciplines
- Proven ability to proactively ask questions and seek answers
- Proven ability to work with remote staff
- Willingness to be flexible in technologies and flexible in team assignments
- BS in engineering, mathematics, computer science, software development or other technical field, or relevant experience
- Solid Java and/or Python experience
- CI/CD experience
- AWS experience
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home