IT Finance and Vendor Management ,
3 month contract to hire
Our Client is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of our Client's satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Job Duties and Responsibilities :
Our Clients IT Finance and Contracts group is looking for a highly motivated leader to guide the IT Accounting, IT Finance, IT Contracts, IT Vendor Management, and IT Telecom Expense Management groups. This seasoned and experienced leader will be comfortable helping define the best in class processes and oversee day to day operations. They will have proven experience leading similar functions and a staff of 10-20 people within the IT function at a Fortune 200 company. This position works in a high demand and often ambiguous environment, those comfortable with change and uncertainty will thrive.
- Provide leadership and set the strategic direction, mission and vision of the IT Finance & Vendor Management capability in alignment with the strategic and operational objectives of the technology organization and the business
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders including IT and finance, accounting, sourcing and procurement and legal to develop criteria and best practices
- Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to strategic objectives
- Oversee the project lead for the entire budget process by setting timelines, ensuring all budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time
- Serve as the leadership-level point of contact between the vendor organization and internal customers that are consuming vendor services and solutions.
- Oversee the maintenance of agreements with vendors, and ensure that they are current/up to date and compliant with relevant laws and regulations.
- Maintain vendor risk assessments or risk registers in cooperation with risk, privacy, business continuity and security teams (where applicable).
- A working knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures of accounting (including Journal entries, reconciliations, variance analysis, US GAAP)
- Inherent curiosity and eagerness to learn complex and ever-evolving businesses
- Advanced computer skills in Excel and experience using Oracle Financials a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university (preferably Accounting or Finance)
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- 8+ years of progressive accounting or finance experience in growth companies
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home