Onsite- Englewood ,CO
AWS Senior Principal Cloud Engineer,
3 month contract to hire
Drug and background: when converted
Our Client is building out its Security capabilities for supporting applications in the AWS cloud. This initiative within the Information Security department aims to architect, design, deploy and test the various infrastructure, application and data security controls on the cloud. The AWS Cloud Security Engineer is responsible for solutions development, architectural design, and overarching IT operations and maintenance activities of a secure AWS infrastructure.
Job duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide AWS Infrastructure and Systems Administration functions to include support of products and services such as IAM, EC2, S3, AWS Networking & Content delivery (VPC, IGW, NGW, ALB, NLB, CloudFront, etc.) and core Security: Security Groups, Guard Duty, Cloud Trail, Config and WAF
- Assist with the design and development of a multi-account, multi-region, highly available and highly automated AWS environment to support full software development life cycle and production of mission-critical applications (Control Tower, Organizations and Landing Zone Knowledge, CloudFormation / Terraform)
- Understand and contribute to the creation of system support documents and operational procedures
- Proactively mitigate business service disruptions with designed redundancy, backups, and highly available solutions. Maintain a highly available production infrastructure. Provide application support for product customers
- Reactively troubleshoot outages, perform root cause analysis, and execute continual service improvements.
Experience and Requirements:
- Knowledge of security technologies such as SIEM, Firewall, DLP and hybrid/Cloud Security environments (Elastic Search, Logz.io, McAfee CASB, Palo Alto Prisma)
- Will have considerable AWS and Linux skills, as well we DevOps skills around CI/CD and experience with tools such as GitLab (deploying using runners, etc.)
- Working knowledge and experience with project and portfolio management tools, preferably Service Now, Microsoft Project, and/or Jira
- Excellent verbal and writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels
Education and Work Experience:
- 8+ years working with all core AWS Infrastructure Services
- 3-5 years working with AWS Security, and fluency with the AWS APIs/command-line tools
- Experience implementing /maintaining security for cloud-based systems /applications in AWS
- Experience writing SOPs, system requirements, and other technical documents
- Experience centrally monitoring systems for alerts and incident management functions
- Incident response on Cloud, investigation on security issues
- Should possess one or more of the following certifications – AWS Certification(s) Solutions Architect, DevOps, SysOps and/or Security Architect; CISSP, SANS GCIH, or Vendor Certifications
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home