One of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies, is looking for Senior Visual Designer to help brands push the envelope on and across a broad gamut of touchpoints from web to mobile to store to call center. The design team is driving a customer first mindset within the organization with a design centric methodology focused on big ideas and rapid iteration
This hands-on role allows one to craft the work and enable others to deliver high quality solutions. Designers work closely with the product owners, developers, researchers, and design team to create the next generation of digitally enabled customer experiences in retail.
- Improve existing designs that invent new experiences and perform better than competition.
- Build a measurable product vision with your team that produces results.
- Connect people across the organization to align on a common opportunity space and facilitate idea generation.
- Demonstrate to others ‘how’ and ‘why’ design decisions are made; help them understand how we work.
- Develop new visual systems or enhance significant areas of visual design.
- Come up with multiple solutions for a specific platform or design challenge.
- Execute high-quality deliverables, such as page designs and high-fidelity prototypes where visual design is extremely close to being brand and accessibility standards compliant, spot illustrations and icons.
- Collaborate with design team, business partners, and product/development partners to help define project scope and timeline for project plans and deliverables.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5 – 9+ years of UX experience including expertise in, and exposure to a subset of the following activities: (in order of preference)
- motion design
- visual design
- interaction/information design
- front end development
- user research
- content strategy
- design thinking
- 4 - 8+ years on agile and/or Lean UX teams delivering value in digital products
- Prior experience working with large development teams and legacy systems
- Prior experience with client management or handling big stakeholder teams from prominent brands
- Familiarity with commonly used tools in design, including:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Ecomm, retail experience preferred.
- Resourceful and work consultatively with partners to determine if and which research methods are most appropriate for the problem at hand.
- Growth mindset and enjoy learning and growing your knowledgebase and skills.
- Comfortable challenging traditional assumptions about UX Design and Research – seeking out, inventing, and testing new approaches and technologies.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home