The IT Portfolio Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, and operation of portfolio management capabilities to support all of technology major business strategies and objectives at a Division, District and/or System level. Provide portfolio leadership and direction to align strategy-to-execution, manage demand from multiple sources and support prioritization that results in ensuring programs, projects and products meet business priorities and deliver value. Establishes and/or transforms overall portfolio, program structure and processes (including governance) to a standardize planning, resource management, execution, measurement, risk and reporting operating model. Facilitates portfolio operations and navigate dependencies across a diverse stakeholder group (ex. System IT PMO, Finance, Technology Business Partnership Management, Product Management, Project/Program Management, Data Management etc.) within the org ecosystem to realize business and IT Strategy.
• Develop, manage, and support key Portfolio Management capabilities of continuous planning, alignment of strategy to execution, outcome management, demand management and resource management
• Implements adaptive planning that continuously evaluates the Portfolio as realities change, ensuring investments are aligned with strategy.
• Facilitates portfolio event that provides continuous alignment to strategy and financial plans.
• Identifies and visualize the decomposition of strategy into actionable initiatives, programs, projects and products
• Manage and analyze demand intak, approvals and prioritization process that aligns with customer business objectives
• Define and understand resource capacity and capabilities within the portfolio and optimize performance leveraging available skills and people to their fullest.
• Manage overall financial controls of program , projects and products to drive and inform portfolio decisions
• Build Portfolio roadmaps and dashboards to connect all work , visuals key event and milestones, communicate plans, decisions and commitment to stakeholders.
• Establish and oversee program governance model.
• Define standard measurements and metrics for quality, customer satisfaction and overall effectiveness of portfolio programs, projects and products
• Monitor progress, create portfolio reports that visualize and communicate performance of investments.
• Communicates overall health of portfolio to senior leadership and stakeholders
• Define and oversee risk mitigation and change management process to evaluate, prioritize and minimizing impact to scope, schedule and cost.
• Expertise Knowledge in portfolio, program management tools to support strategic alignment, prioritization, resource management, capacity planning, reporting, tracking and analytics
• Knowledge in principles and practices of Lean Portfolio Management to support product delivery.
• Education: Bachelor's Degree or 5+ years equivalent experience preferred
• Direct experience with IT Portfolio, Project or Program management.
• Microsoft o365 Applications
• Working knowledge of Project Portfolio Management tools, e.g., Clarity (or equivalent PPM tool)
• Understanding of Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
• Understanding of Strategic Portfolio Management
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence.
• Strong ability to think on a strategic level and to be able to perform hands-on activities.
• Certifications in project management and portfolio management such as PMP, PfMP, SAFe LPM preferred
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home