- Experience w/ WLAN and wireless networking
- Extensive knowledge of routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP)
- Experience w/ Juniper, Fortigate, Cisco, and Aruba appliances and technologies
- To become a Wireless Network Engineers, need to be well-versed in wireless equipment, wireless LAN (WLAN) standards, design, and protocols.
- Wireless will require excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. They should also have good communication skills as they would need to work alongside vendors, network technicians, and customers.
- They should have strong customer service skills.
- Devise, plan, deploy, and improve wireless networks from the beginning to implementation by collaborating with vendors, managers, and network engineers.
- Understand client requirements to be able to cater to their appropriate needs.
- Manage firewalls, such as Juniper and Fortigate
- Handhold other in-house engineers to train them on wireless technologies, besides guiding other non-technical people.
- Use tools to evaluate to test and tweak wireless products, such as routers, switches, hubs, bridges, virtual private networks (VPNs), and network amplifiers, among others.
- Design and validate the performance, quality, and reliability of the RF link.
- Ability to evaluate and configure WLAN devices to maintain security hardening (STIG) and vulnerability mitigation
- Design and implement WLANs and other wireless networks.
- Write manuals and document current network procedures.
- Have extensive knowledge of routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP).
- Make use of enterprise monitoring tools (SolarWinds and Splunk).
- Optimize network performance by supervising performance, addressing network problems and breakdowns, and partnering with network engineers to optimize the network.
- Develop and implement policies and classify and oversee access to protect network systems.
- Make sure that all equipment, including servers and the other network products, are well-connected.
- Devise and support radio frequencies (RF) link performance, reliability, and quality.
- Enable data and system protection by developing and maintaining mechanisms for backing up and retrieval.
- Collaborate with different teams to ensure the optimized performance of VoIP and other wireless telecommunication devices.
- Work with security team to evaluate threats, troubleshoot issues, and comply with appropriate security configuration standards of their organizations.
- Design and deploy changes to the configurations of clients as per the applicable change management process.
- Proactively handle all network security solutions.
- Make use of testing and diagnostic tools to assess and modify equipment.
- Knowledge of Aruba software/hardware suite (Aruba Central, Clear Pass, Mobility Master) and 802.1x authentication.
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home