Primary Job Function:
- Delivers Azure infrastructure by building re-usable Infrastructure as Code modules.
- Drives automation across all provisioning and management tasks for infrastructure running in cloud environments.
- Accountable for delivering a comprehensive set of infrastructure services including: requirements definition, design, integration, infrastructure as code, level-4 implementation and operational support escalation, problem management and the creation of in-depth documentation.
- Participates in proof-of-concept analysis and vendor evaluations related to automation tools. Fully partners with the Cloud Architecture and Engineering teams when desiging IaC solutions.
- Focuses on security, cost, and availability when implementing cloud solutions.
- Scope includes Azure cloud services and solution design to include application integration with the infrastructure ensuring the application functions and performs as required.
Core Job Responsibilities
- DevOps and Agile Delivery and SLC methodologies adjusted for infrastructure service delivery and integration with client's DevOps organizations.
- Uses Terraform to deliver re-usable code modules.
- Implements Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines for the deployment of application and infrastructure stacks.
- Establishes build-and-destroy models for cloud infrastructure.
- Provides self-service capabilities to application and cloud teams.
- Automate cloud operations tasks including backups and patching
- Drives and aligns innovative enterprise-wide cloud solutions across client's IT, business management, enterprise vendors, and internal support organizations.
- Responsible for compliance to applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Develops service implementation scripts, and provides top level support of IT solutions aligned with customer’s business objectives and other infrastructure technology disciplines within BTS-IS.
- Proactively asses the effectiveness of standards, methodologies and processes; driving change as appropriate for continuous improvement.
- This position reports directly to the Director Cloud Services in BTS.
- Works with Cloud Architects and Engineers to implement reference architectures within the cloud
- This position is a technical contact representing the infrastructure hosting / cloud area to partner with all other client's IT and business organizations and key external service providers.
- Accountable for awareness of technology trends and the determination/execution of global strategies that satisfy the business-critical reliance that client's is increasingly placing on its infrastructure to host applications.
- Directly impacts the operation and profitability of every division through their reliance on the cloud infrastructure to host client's Enterprise and Business critical applications globally.
Minimum Experience/Training Required
- 5+ years of overall IT experience
- 3+ years Cloud Experience
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Git and CI/CD tools such as Harness
- Experience with Azure (API Management, Web Apps, Cosmos DB)
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
You have saved your first job! To see all your Saved Jobs, click here. Or continue scrolling through jobs and bookmark openings that catch your eye and apply for those jobs later.
There are currently no open positions in your location or accepting applications from out of the countryReturn to Home