• Cloud implementation and architecture, including application, security, logging, monitoring and network (AWS, EKS/Kubernetes, Kafka, Prometheus, Grafana)
• CI/CD – pipeline automation (GitLab), containerized deployments (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Infrastructure As Code (Terraform)
Education / Experience Required
5+ years experience in similar or related role, professional experience with EKS/Kubernetes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This person must have everyday learning as a core competency, keeping pace with the leading edge of the industry.
EKS and AWS EC2
- Experience managing Kubernetes/EKS, Kafka, GitLab and related tools
- Experience deploying and managing service meshes and deploying meshed services
- Knowledge of monitoring and telemetry using tools like Prometheus, Thanos, Grafana
- Experience with cloud implementation and infrastructure as code
- Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines with automated infrastructure, deployment, testing and security scans
- Experience with node.js, log aggregators, K8s, containerized deployments, agile, Git
- Able to sort through ambiguity and learn on the fly
- Architects and designs environments, infrastructure as code, solves complex problems
- Manage platform, e.g. automation, troubleshooting, integration with CI/CD, cost optimization, etc.
- Design new/refactor existing AWS virtual network to be more highly available, handle volume and take advantage of ever-changing offerings
- Refactor and own existing AWS authorization scheme
- Be aware of and take steps to thwart OS and container attack vectors (including against the Container Orchestrator)
- Design new/refactor existing AWS virtual network to reduce risk of network attack vectors
- Install and own secrets vault
• Manage the above as IAC (Infrastructure as Code - Terraform experience a plus)
• Implement and own monitoring for health, capacity, intrusions, performance, cost optimization across all of the above
• Build out and maintain the cloud/network environment
• Partner with product application team(s) to ensure stable, scalable and secure production and development environments
• Keep current with new tools and methods
• Interact with and influence all members of product teams including product owner, engineering manager, engineers, QA, UX, designers, management.
NOTE: This position requires candidate to be local with requirement to be onsite 1 day/wk.