Onsite Jersey City, NJ
• Strong hands-on Python/JAVA developer with 8 plus years of development experience is required.
• Must have Python development experience in a development facility like SecDB or Athena or Quartz.
• Experience architecting/designing end-to-end application flows.
• Exposure to Agile methodologies is required.
• Must have financial product knowledge such as Rates, Structured Notes and derivative products and their risk management.
• Exposure to Front, Middle Office and Quantitative business functions is a plus.
• The ability to effectively communicate within a multi-disciplined team, across multiple locations and time zones, and to interact with demanding business users.
• A flexible, hardworking and "can do" attitude; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with frequent release cycles and rapidly changing priorities.
• The candidate should be a self-starter who enjoys programming, can work as part of a global team and who has successfully delivered significant enterprise-scale projects to end-users previously
Responsible for designing and developing complex requirements to accomplish business goals. Ensures that software is developed to meet functional, non-functional, and compliance requirements. Ensures solutions are well designed with maintainability/ease of integration and testing built-in from the outset. Possess strong proficiency in development and testing practices common to the industry and have extensive experience of using design and architectural patterns. At this level, specializations start to form in either Architecture, Test Engineering or DevOp. Contributes to story refinement/defining requirements. Participates and guides team in estimating work necessary to realize a story/requirement through the delivery lifecycle. Performs spike/proof of concept as necessary to mitigate risk or implement new ideas. Codes solutions and unit tests to deliver a requirement/story per the defined acceptance criteria and compliance requirements. Utilizes multiple architectural components (across data, application, business) in design and development of client requirements. Assists team with resolving technical complexities involved in realizing story work. Designs/develops/modifies architecture components, application interfaces, and solution enablers while ensuring principal architecture integrity is maintained. Designs/develops/maintains automated test suites (integration, regression, performance). Sets up and develops a continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline. Automates manual release activities. Mentors other Software Engineers and coaches' team on CI-CD practices and automating tool stack. Individual contributor.
• 5+ years of relevant financial industry experience
• 5+ years of experience in software design, development & maintenance
• Strong written and verbal communication & presentation skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or STEM related fields
• Ability to engage stakeholders in Trading Desk
• 10+ years of relevant financial industry experience
• 10+ years of experience in software design, development & maintenance
• Strong leadership skills
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science or STEM related fields