9/16: Keep in low because manager has one candidate in the loop that they like but they wish he was more technology forward thinking. They are looking for a Manager who can be hands on and also manage (50/50). Piper uses Tableau and Python/R experience would be a nice to have.
Interview process: 4 rounds, phone screen with manager, then team interview, interview with Diretcor and the CIO.
Piper Sandler - 3 days in office, 2 days WFH, manager is flexible on days that are worked from home.
Data Analytics/Reporting Manager
Piper Sandler is seeking a Data Analytics/Reporting Manager to work as part of our IT support team in Minneapolis, MN. Leading a small reporting and analytics team, and working closely with data management, integration, development teams and business lines across the organization.
Knowledge of reporting/analytics systems including:
- Knowledge of industry trends in business analytics and reporting
- Business Intelligence Tools (such as Tableau, our current standard, or PowerBI)
- Data Science tools (such as Python / Anaconda / Pandas / Package Management)
- Knowledge of data pipelines, and how to construct them and how to apply them within a self-service reporting environment
- Ability to work closely with business lines to understand requirements and communicate technical solutions to both operational teams and executive teams.
- Organize, Track, estimate, and manage work requests, and backlogs, providing ongoing feedback and monitoring to project management and team members
- Resource planning, budgeting, team development and training, task delegation and follow-up
- Ability to work within a small team, fulfilling multiple roles and managing multiple concurrent projects.
- Undergraduate degree in CS, Information Technology or relevant experience.
- 7+ years (or equivalent) experience working in information technology, with 2+ years of team management experience
- Demonstrated Management experience of a small dynamic team
- Experience with vendor management, internal audit, contracts, RFPs and POCs
- Risk management and contingency planning
- Review system design and solutions and ensure business requirements are met
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies and apply that learning within financial services
- Understanding of working within a large-scale enterprise including development operations and change management.
- A systemic approach to solving problems.
- Interest and skill in helping to build and maintain a robust corporate data catalog
- Awareness of hybrid, on-prem and cloud-based deployment models
- Increasing levels of automation and repeatability within the DevOps environment, including our data science and citizen data scientist areas.
- Solid understanding of data analytics
- Financial Modeling
- Analytic languages and tools including Python / R
- Data visualization/quality/cleansing technologies