The Solution Architect role within Architecture Enablement team is an integral part of the team, collaborating with other architects to create architecture artifacts enabling multiple delivery teams. The Architecture Enablement team is accountable for end-to-end architecture solutions for enterprise programs related to Self Service Apps and Portals. The primary objective of this team is to enable flexibility, reducing complexity for consuming teams and creating internal platforms & practices, with a bias towards self-service. Solution architects in this team will be able to self serve with available tools and resources to analyze current capabilities of the platform and also recommend changes for various initiatives.
Perform architecture activities to deliver architecture artifacts for platforms and capabilities related to Self-Service and Data Platform teams. This will include end-to-end solutions views of new features, new platform integrations and changes to existing. Champions architecture best practices across various teams and drives them towards the best solution. Responsible for owning the architecture of multiple domains and initiatives, with help from other architects
Delivery and Execution:
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
- Focused on the technical implementation of features
- Analyzes/ documents existing and recommends future integration with back end services
- Works closely with Product, Back End development teams and Self Service platform delivery/ tech leads along with other stakeholders.
- Cross domain, but might act as single point of contact for specific technologies and tools
- Should be conversant on using Code repositories, Gitlab, Splunk and Monitoring tools to troubleshoot and understand the system behavior.
- Regarded as expert in service architecture and design concepts
- Expected to deliver quality architecture documentation to be referred by different teams.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to work with various teams and motivate others
- Ability to prioritize and organize against multiple initiatives effectively
- Proven analytical skills to solve complex technology and business problems.
- Inquisitive nature. Eager to explore new concepts and approaches
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to show judgment, initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Aptitude and eagerness to learn from a new environment and make an impact quickly
- Advanced knowledge of software development and delivery
- Advocates and follows architecture/ design best practices
- Expert knowledge of service integration patterns
- Expert in analyzing current system behavior through code / logs/ monitoring tools and provide recommendations on optimizations.
- Conversant with cloud environment and some of the programming languages like Java, NodeJS
- Conversant with Micro services architecture and design patterns
- Expert in REST service design
- Experienced in using GraphQL
- Has technical knowledge of AWS, Containers, Kubernetes and NoSQL databases
- Bachelor's degree in Science/ Technology or relevant work experience.
- Desired Work Experience
- 10+ years - Overall in Software Development/ Design
- 3+ years - Software Architecture
- 2+ years - REST and GraphQL
- Web and/or Native App Development
Horizontal facilitates valuable and productive conversations between you and potential employers. We can assist you in growing your career by partnering you with employers that offer challenging assignments. For those that join the team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and retirement. Check out all we have to offer and how you can become part of the Horizontal Talent Team. In compliance in compliance with state laws and regulations related to job posting requirements, the salary range for this role is $15.00 -$115.00 per hour (hourly rates in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.