- Guides and coaches the team to follow agile/scrum practices including daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, code reviews, and appropriate decision making methods.
- Guides and coaches the team to become self-organized and efficient.
- Helps the team assess their ‘scrum maturity’ and higher levels of maturity including the establishment of a target velocity and metrics reporting.
- Manages and prioritizes the product backlog and resolves impediments that interfere with sprint schedules.
- Is responsible for supporting and coaching the product owners and business partners on agile/scrum practices
Assist in the management of various business and system related projects of a highly complex nature. These projects could be technical or functional in nature; most often, they are cross-departmental. Manage portions of these projects or smaller projects in their entirety. Support Corporate Business Units (CBU) and the Information Technology (I/T) Department in achievement of their strategic goals by assisting in the timely and cost effective delivery of all projects with a professional, motivated, customer focused, and winning manner.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists and/or lead in the project planning function, including the requirements, design, construction, testing, acceptance, implementation and post-implementation review of project deliverables. Assess and deliver appropriate project teams comprising of various IT, business and Vendor resources.
- Assists in the definition and negotiation of Project Scope and Deliverables.
- Assists in the identification of costs and benefits of the project.
- Assists in the planning and staffing of projects.
- Assists in the planning and scheduling of user training related to the project's implementation.
- Assists in the documentation and communication of process models, project scope, deliverables and commitments.
- Assists/or lead on all of the above items on portion for large project or small project
Assist with and/or lead projects or phases of large projects to a successful conclusion. Manage Project Teams and ensure that project resources are utilized in an effective and efficient manner. Ensure Partnership Agreements are met or exceeded via the facilitation and resolution of barriers prohibiting the progress on projects by fostering creative, win-win solutions.
Project Management Process Ownership
- Produce project status reports, time lines, budget reports, and project metrics.
- Monitor progress, change control, issue resolution.
- Manage scope change, issue resolution, and negotiate change in deliverables.
- Ensure appropriate documentation for user manuals, training materials.
- Provide feedback to line manager on team member performance.
- Provide post implementation support.
- Provide post implementation project review.
- Recommend and implement process changes to increase project and Corporate Program Management Office (CPMO) execution performance. Ensure leadership and internal and external resources assigned to projects learn and practice client's Project Management Methodology.
Perform other related duties as assigned
- Partner with management to champion projects that support our Strategic Vision. Ensure that all support and services delivered to the customers are completed with high quality, appropriate functionality, and in a timely cost effective manner. Ensure that all projects meet or exceed commitments made to the customer.
Related and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of academic requirements. Related experience is defined as six (6) years of experience within IT, and/or Project Management.
Certifications / Licensures Required
- Two (2) years of project management experience in running projects that impact people, process, or technology.
- Three (3) years of information systems experience in computer related areas such as network, internet, intranet and client server application development, including new product implementation.
- Additional experience in Project Management, Risk Management, Customer Service, Project/Resource Planning, Metrics Reporting with exposure to other Information Technology activities such as Systems Design, Application Development, Web Design or Client Server Implementation.
- One (1) years of managed care/insurance related business preferred.
Firm commitment to pursue Project Management Institute Certification within two (2) years.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or other related field.